2002 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Affraid to get a different car
By Robert on 04/18/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The 2002 Sonata was the first new car I ever bought. I've been driving it now for close to 7 years and put 137,000 miles on it. At 100,000 my brakes begin to wear out. This is the only time I've had to take it in for major work, but new brakes at 100,000 miles is normal. My Sonata drives today at 137,000 as well as it did when I drove it off the lot with 12 miles on it. I believe that in order to get any car as good as the Sonata, I will have to either get another Sonata or a BMW, Mercedes, or Audi to get the same quality that I've gotten from the 2002 Sonata. It has been nothing less than superior in all areas of performance and reliability. I Will have a very hard time replacing it.

2 Litre Sonata CDX Auto. (UK Spec).
By Charlie on 08/19/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well, what can I tell you?.......I thought long and hard before buying my Sonata, but what a good choice it was! Only things to go wrong in three years of ownership was a sensor broke down inthe engine, (easy fix warranty), and a sidelght bulb blew, 5 minute job to put right I love driving this car, and occasionally, when I am in hurry up mode, I use the "tiptronic" gear change, I have to say that this isn't very often, as I mostly prefer to drive at a more relaxed pace and let the auto do it's stuff, which it does with super smooth aplomb! So far I have 42000 on the clock, which is low mileage for the year. Great car, highly recommend!

Best kept Secret
By Jim on 01/07/06 14:01 PM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This midsize sedan is highly underrated due to the earlier history of Hyundai automobiles. I've owned 2 Chevrolets, 2 Plymouths, 1 Rambler, 1 Dodge, 1 Mustang, 2 Pontiacs, 3 Buicks, 1 VW, and 3 Oldsmobiles. My company cars have included 4 Chevrolets, 2 Fords, and an Oldsmobile. My Hyundai Sonata LX V6 is as good or better than any of the new cars mentioned above, and at a fraction of the price. Sonata has been a well kept secret, but the cat is out of the bag. Like the ad says, "Drive it and you'll buy it!"

I'll never have ANYTHING ELSE!
By Casey on 05/30/05 17:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Sonata Lx in Sept. of 2002, we have put almost 70K on the car in less then 2 and a half years, we just go everywhere in it! We drive 100 miles a day to work round trip, and love the ride home at the end of each day. And with the 2006 comming to the dealer, You can bet I'll be the first in line to "move up" to the sleek new body.

I couldn't ask for more!
By PRD on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We love our Sonata. We've owned it now for about a year and a half and have had no real problems with it. It's more comfortable on long trips than any of the cars we've rented in the past(Pontiac, Toyota, Oldsmobile...) Great looking exterior, excellent warranty, very affordable when compared to other similar models of other makes.

'02 Hyundai Sonata LX
By DeeDee on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The car is an outstanding value. With the single exception of horsepower, much more bang for the buck than Chrysler Sebring or Mercury Sable. Very comfortable and roomy interior. Unmatched warranty. Only irritation has been three incidents where "Check Engine" light came on due to an overly sensitive O2 sensor. Minor fixes, all under warranty, corrected them, but could have done without the inconvenience. Perhaps the recall on the oxygen sensor will finally take care of this. Otherwise delighted with the car.

Great Ride!
By huyen genomia on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. it's sleek,and looks futuristic. It warms easily in the winter and cools fast in the summer. For a first time buyer, this is the way to go!

This is where it's at!
By Mr.Wright on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great car! Lots of Bang for your buck. By far the best value, many extra features.

Lot of car for a little money!
By Bluto on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We have already put on over 60K miles with no problems. This is our daily driver and we love, we will buy another Hyundai product.

What a bargain
By upscalegirl on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I shopped Toyota, Chevrolet, and Mazda before settling on the Hyundai Sonata. It turns out to have been an excellent choice, despite having to pay list price. The value is there in this import. Reliability has been excellent, highway mileage 28/29, and comfort is better than expected even for my rather large husband. Even with the moonroof there is plenty of headroom. No mechanical problems to date, dealer service has been excellent, and the styling draws admiring looks. The warranty, style, and price sold us.

1 2 3 4 5 next »