2001 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
I'm cheap and this was worth it!
By ntsapjr on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I think $ for $, it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. I wasn't eager to spend $19k, but 34k miles later I’m relieved to have a great, fully loaded GLS V-6. The car has plenty of room (I'm 5'9" 290lbs at heaviest). I’ve been able to squeeze out 24/32mpg – that's not always, but I can bet on at least 21/29mpg in every tank. The only problem I’ve had is with the driver's side auto window. But that 10yr/100k warranty got me a smile, a new regulator, and NO BILL! Routine maintenance has only cost about $400. It may not race like a mustang, but it will do 75 with little noise and lots of comfort.

Very Surprised
By theboxer5 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2001 Sonata gls,xlnt value,no major problems,comfortable,gobs of power,negative: front end is very low to ground and received numerous road chips in paint,so buy a bra. Had to buy a new battery at 20 months.

2001 Sonata review
By Alan Watts on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Sonata is a great value. The car looks good, has the best warranty available, and is loaded. This would make a great reliable car for anyone, especially a family. My only complaint is the lack of power.

what brakes?
By tutty on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

since we bought this vechicle, we have experienced very squeeky and fading brakes. also, very sluggish when a/c is on with unusual shifting. other than that we find the car very comfortable, quiet and very reliable

Good style
By JayJay on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good quality, excellent service

2001 Sonata
By daver3 on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No hastle ownership good performance with 5 speed man.

Wow! So this is a Hyundai????
By Dallen47 on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2 years ago, I wouldn't have even looked at one!!! Good marketing raised my curiosity. All I can say is WOW!!! Test drive revealed a well made, quiet and peppy vehicle. I bought the 4 cylinder and took it to Florida. 33MPG??? I'm in heaven. Only flaw was a distorted side view mirror. One trip to the dealer and it was fixed- free!! Every time I drive it (wife's car), I marvel "I can't believe this is a Hyundai. Now have 13,000 miles and it's still as tight and quiet as the day I bought it.

Put $$$ wher their mouth was
By ramjet142 on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 demo model with am/fm cd player,4 speed automatic,power moon- roof & 11335 miles for $11995.After 1.5 hrs at dealer I drove home with vehicle Highly impressed with pep & performance Rides like it's on rails at higher speeds(above 70 mph)and is very smooth below 70 mph & brakes on a dime.Several people have commented it looks Jaguarish Fantastic warranty will take care of any snafu's. Fuel economy is lower than manufacturers quote(20 mpg avg.)but I drive mostly city miles with a lead foot.Stock am/fm cd player & speakers thump pretty well.Overall,I don't think you can get better quality&performance for the buck.

Sonata 2002 GLS
By trepach on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Surprice... Buying this car for under 20000 $ with all that extras and V6 engine is really best decision u can do...

Best car owned to date
By Redstone on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned the car for two weeks. So far I can't find anything wrong with it. If I ever do my 100,000 mile warrenty should cover it.