Used 2000 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

2000 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Great Car
By pscarguy57

2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed owning my Sonata GLS.
The few problems with the car Hyundai covered the costs of repair under their 5 yrs/60,000 mile warranty. And they extended that warranty by 2 yrs/24000 miles because of the horse power class action.

The car is quiet, rides smoothly and is a good size, not to big, but carries four adults in comfort.
I added after market leather interior, and wood trim for the dash, door/arm rest.
And Chrome TSW 16 inch wheels, looks great with the bright silver paint.
I have 76000 miles on my car. I am the second owner of this vehicle, I bought the car with 9,000 miles on the odo.
Still after nine years of ownership I still really love driving my Sonata.

Ride,style,quiet ride and size.

More fuel efficant engine.

My hyundai
By Metry

2000 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan

Well. i got my hyundai sonata from this man who said he bought it from a lady who had it for years, APPARENTLY, she didn't take care of it. I end up getting spark plugs, diff. fuel lines, fuel pump, catalytic converter and many tires. Paint is fading. Transmission is slipping. got my bushings & tie rod replaced on the passenger side, JUST A LOT. luckily i didn't have to pay for anything but the fuel pump (: STILL A LOT OF WORK. I'm ready to switch cars.

Umm, i only really liked the amount of gas i was getting AFTER i got the fuel pump changed.

paint job, stronger transmissions, better tie rod & bushing. Hyundai has came along way and i AM very much satisfied with my Hyundai. just too much damn work.

safety hazard
By roger khan

2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought used, while driving I would smell gas, so I popped the hood on inspection I saw that the fuel line that run to the fuel rail was leaking gas, I went to the junk yard to get one but the car I inspected had the same problem. I then had to pay $110 for a new line which is a foot long, the pully separated, paint fades on the hood, trunk and roof and front Windows are broken also inside the trunk were the spare tire goes is all roten out. Just like all the people who has had problem with this car I Wonder how do these cars past inspection. I called hyundia and informed of the problem "I am just glad the car did not blow up on me"so to all those who is thinking buying a Hyundai don't.

the new gas line i just put in.

the whole car.

Hunk of Junk
By cabbie

2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan

This car has had the following parts replaced. Sun roof motors(2X), Drivers side window(2X), Antenna Motor, Pwr stearing hose busted, Breaks and rotors every 27,000(3X),Transmission Seals, Every sensor under the hood, the oxy.sensor(3X)They said that doesn't qualify for lemon law. It has to break 4X. The Radio, The Battery died in 03. the exhaust rotted out - they wanted 1500.00 to replace that. The car now has 90,000 Mi. My mechanic told me that I need a new motor. Hyundai will not replace the motor because we are not the Original Owners. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR BUY A FORD !!!

Driving to the dealership at least once a Mo. The Service Mgr. Told me that I needed to replace my rotors - because they were "Rusty" When I asked the price, he said 130.00 Each

Where should I start - the break system is way too weak, all the Window Motors are too.

Cheap price = cheap stuff
By Gab

2000 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Sonata in 2006 at 38K. Since then, I've only had problems. I fixed most of them myself, but someone who can't would have spent a lot on those repairs. I'm only at 90K now and I changed the transmission, the alternator, spark plugs and spark plug wires (all of them 2 times), both windows motors, 2 suspension, suspension bushings, catalyser (it was under warranty, it's a 2500$ part), changed 3 wheel bearings, changed the battery, alternator strap, the wholes gas and break pipes under car, gas filter, and a lot more. I just received a letter (we're in middle 2009 now) from Hyundai. It is a re-call for the subframe, it has to be replaced because it is dangerous. Manufacture problems.

Compfortable, silent, good acceleration for the size and weight.

Instead of making cheap models with "luxurious" quality, make it more durable and more expensive. The parts for this car are too expensive for what it provides.