Used 1991 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

1991 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

One Fine Car
By arnold mosher

1991 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car I could see the look on some people's faces ( junk ). But I was hopeful and up to the challenge to prove them wrong . The car has been very good to me and never gave me any serious or expensive trouble . It still holds its original paint and looks good . 272000 k and still going strong . It still does everything it did when it was new and I plan to keep it until it dies . It is driven winter and summer every year shows absolutely no rust and has no holes in the underbody . The person who does my annual safety inspection cannot believe it year after year saying you should sell this car back to Hyundai . I did offer , they declined . So I dont know what else I could ask for

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage , easy on the eyes , comfortable to drive , low maintaince , enough power , and not too complicated to work on

Suggested Improvements

longer lasting exhaust system

Seat of the pants
By philosopher

1991 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan

We drove the Hyundai as a lark and it blew away the competition. The test drive made you feel you were king of the road. I save 4k and got the best riding vehicle in its class. The only thing I would do better is get a v6.

Favorite Features

The road feel and view of the road is outstanding. Ad that to the seating comfort.

Suggested Improvements

I would like brighter colors and I would like a new care with a blue interior. I still have my Hyundai because I like its colors and comfort better than the new ones all makes models.