2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:

Excuse my language
By Victor Tom

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Manual sucks------index is limited.

We love our new Sonata Hybrid
By Hal Baumbaach

After telling people for the last 4 years how we loved our two Priuses, we were shocked while driving a Sonata at the dealership. We went to look at the Sonatas because they are beautiful cars and came away totally amazed at all of the features, the comfort, and the quiet of the Sonata. Prius is not even in the same ballpark as Sonata. I call our Sonata "our economy luxury car." We only paid an extra $1,000 more than the last Prius we bought, a 2014, and the Sonata feels like it is worth at least $10,000 more in features, beauty, quiet, safe, comfortable ride. I can't tell you how often my wife and I discuss how much we love our new Sonata. We bought the $35,000 Hybrid Limited loaded with all the features for $29,000 about 3 months ago and are getting over 40 mpg which is about 5 mpg less than our Prius was getting.

Hyundai still the best bang for the buck!
By kevin chung

Looking for a good fuel economy car to replace the CT200h. Need 40mpg+ in NYC traffic (CT did 42mpg average); comfortable seat with lumbar support; and a full speed (stop&go) adaptive cruise control (best thing for a daily 2 hours stop and go traffic!). That left us with Toyota Prius Four, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and Audi A3 e-tron. Prius feel about the same to our CT with less comfortable seat and ugly styling. Ford Fusion ride a little too bumpy and interior design seem old. Both Fusion and MKZ have nonlinear brake pedal that feels odd. A3 is of course very European while comfortable. Sonata doesn't drive as impressive as A3 but Sonata is very quiet and the ride is very comfortable without being floaty. A3 got kick out because additive cruise only available on Prestige trim which cost $46k+ msrp plus it feels even smaller than our CT. Between the Sonata and MKZ we were able to get the loaded Sonata Ultimate for $27500 while MKZ would be at least $13k more so drive home the Sonata! The value is unbeatable; 40mpg average so far; huge sunroof sunroof, cooled and heated seat + heated steering + heated rear seats, Android auto, much more usable trunk (no hump and a full folding rear seats), 10yrs warranty with lifetime on battery, and no more CVT drone!

A very nice car besides fuel economy
By gbxk86a

I own three Hyundai cars, a 2007 Sonata, a 2016 Genesis AWD Tech, and this, a 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited Ultimate. I bought the hybrid car for the economy, but to my pleasant surprise, the car is very quiet and comfortable for a car in this price range. At standstill, the car is completely quiet with no vibration like any other hybrid car. When cruising on the highway, I sometimes thought, "boy, this is almost as quiet as the Genesis." The gear shift as well as the switching of various modes of engine/battery hybrid system are unnoticeable. Other than the extreme quietness at idle, the car just move and ride like a very quiet six cylinder car. I was thinking about a Honda hybrid, but with the big discount and the generous warranty plan, it was a no brainer to choose Hyundai. I will be very satisfied with this purchase if the car has a reliability same as the 2007 Sonata.

Sonata Hybrid Limited