Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:

It's better then expected
By Mitch

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan w/Panoramic Sunroof Package (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

While milage drop during the winter 24 city / 32 highway, it gets good when it worm up. Last trip from Iowa to Salt Lake City I got 36.7 avg while using cruise control at 80 mph. Comming back I drop the speed to 72 mph and use my skill to see what can I get out of this car. My average was 40.6 mpg

Just like riding in a boad
By elias7

Bought brand new 2013 sonata hybrid ltd and been driving it for 18 months. Drove many different brands in the past, (BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, GM, Nissan, Ford). This car has very poor driving dynamics, it rocks back and forth, nose dives too much on road imperfections and during braking. Gas pedal is very irresponsive, almost dangerous when you're trying to clear an intersection at orange lights. Braking is too harsh when you first touch the pedal then fades to very poor when pressed hard. Panoramic room creaks, even after 3 attempts from dealer to fix. Seats are very uncomfortable on trips longer than 2 hours. needs alignment every 20k. Not that good on gas. car makes you dizzy.

Just an ordinary car. Nothing special. It does what it's designed to do but with no spirit.

Fix the suspension, make the seats wider, adjust the gas and break pedal position. Fix the cruise control as it's temperamental. Improve fuel economy or reduce price.

NOT A BAD RIDE AT ALL
By samsmith76

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Got about 4K mi on my 2013 Sonata Hybrid LTD (no sunroof). People have mentioned they don’t like the brakes with this car but to me brakes are fine (I’m not a tailgater though!). They take a bit getting used to at first. People seem to forget that the brakes are specially designed to capture energy when you slow down and brake to help recharge the HEV battery. I quickly learned that you shouldn’t mash the brakes. Nice and gentle, steady as she goes = $aving $ at the pump!

LIKES: PRICE, VALUE, Warranty, lifetime HEV battery warranty. Nice styling, alloy wheels, chrome accents. Powerful engine 199 hp combined w/ gas + electric motor and has nice acceleration when you really need it. Roomy interior, comfortable seats, nice quiet ride, seems like a nice solid car so far. Great sound system (Infinity 400W). Decent mpg, 37-38 city, 40-41 on highway so far.

DISLIKES: Backup camera takes a bit to pop up on the LCD screen at times. There are some blinds spots in the car with its wide side door pillars and low profile roof styling. Mileage is good, but I want great mileage. Ride is usually nice but can be a little stiff on bumpy roads at times. The steering is good but can be bit dull at times. I get a small vibration in the speakers in the front door when music is real loud (with more bass than normal).

Safe
By consumeresq

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I only had my '13 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid for 6 weeks before it was totaled by someone running a red light. The car did what is was supposed to and protected my son and I from serious injury. The airbags went off and even the body shop said it fared very well for the impact it received. I enjoyed the car and think you get a lot for your money. The gas mileage was a little disappointing, but it had better than expected acceleration up hills. I think it has great styling and looks a lot like a Lexus. My only other complaint would be the gas pedal had a strange placement, I felt I had to have my seat too close in order to comfortable press on the gas pedal.

Navigation, back-up camera, power seats. Nice cell phone holder. Phone charger in back seat.

Gas pedal placement, power passenger seat. Be able to program all doors to unlock with one click. Maybe auto call with BlueLink when vehicle is in an accident (like OnStar does).

I Love this Hybrid
By golfing713

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I test drove 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE. 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid, 2014 Toyota Prius Plug-In, and 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid. All of these hybrid cars share the same feature, CVT. Continuous Variable Transmission. I work for Nissan and most Nissan's have a CVT in the car which are consistently being replaced. Since there first or second year CVT's I passed on Honda/Toyota. The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited has a smooth quiet ride. Has a lot of great features and gas mileage so far has been in the low to mid 30's. Fit and Finish, seat comfort, back-up camera. nav, bluetooth make this car a great choice. Don't listen to the bad reviews, I feel this car has a great value for the $$ D

Back-up Camera, Navigation, Gas Savings, Seat Comfort, Ride Quality, Complete Battery Electric Power (EV Mode) at speeds over 70+, Lease is fantastic, Long Warranty, Unlimited Battery Warranty, Roadside Assistance, Blue Link, Luxury car feel.

Better OEM tires, so far love this vehicle.