Smooth Riding Hybrid That is Safe and Smooth
By ohio_pop on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
I have driving cars for over 45 years and this is the best car overall that I have owned. I find the electronics intuitive. It takes only a short time to learn the significance of the beeping signals from this car. I found that after driving the car for about 10 days that I know how to apply gas for smooth as silk acceleration and how to brake smoothly. Overall, I have found the car to be at its best and the most fun to drive on highways and suburban and rural roads where you can consistently drive over 35 MPH. At constant speeds between 35 and 55 MPH, you can get 45+MPG. The car gets more like 30-34MPG in stop-go slow speed driving. Overall, I have averaged a bit over 40 MPG.
Favorite Features
Good mileage, particularly for constant speeds above 35mph. Very comfortable seats Excellent people room, particularly for the driver and front passenger. Trunk space is very functional for luggage and groceries Environmental "Auto" controls are very effective - the car will not blast air that is too hot or too cold - it waits until the heater/cooler has gotten the air to the right temperature before blowing at high speed. I find the Bluetooth to be very effective for hand-free phone use.
Suggested Improvements
No major detractions.