Finally Got it Right!
By gilbertgirl47 on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
Purchased 2012 Hybrid in Aug 2012. Loved it. After a week, it started 'lurching' sometimes and the gas mileage wasn't what I expected. After complaints to the dealership my car's computer(s) was upgraded twice at no charge and now I get great mileage and no more lurching. Drive 60% in town and 40% highway. I average 37mpg but on long road trips get 39-42mpg, sometimes higher. Have seen 50mpg. Hubby loves to drive my car more than his! One reason we chose Sonata is that three of our grandchildren can ride in back with no problem. Stylish, fun to drive, roomy and we love it! The trunk in the hybrid is smaller than the regular Sonata, but plenty of room for luggage for a road trip for 2.
Favorite Features
Interior design, abundant leg room, comfortable seats in front and back, dual air controls in front (for driver and front passenger) and separate controls in back. Windows can be opened/closed after car has shut off (but before door is opened). Love the silent electric engine. That caused many startled looks when we first got it. No engine noise when first on and rolling at a low speed. Key-less entry and key-less start button. Wonderful warranty. No premium gas required! Exterior design is beautiful, too. Very sleek.
Suggested Improvements
Please make the front passenger seat with electric adjustment controls to raise/lower the seat. Right now, it only slides forward or backward and the tilt controls with a lever. I feel like I am sitting in a bucket when my husband is driving and I am in the passenger seat (I am 5'5") in both his Sonata and my Sonata Hybrid. Still, it is a comfortable bucket! Other than that, I love it just the way it is. Waited to post my review until the bugs were out and I had a chance to drive it for awhile. I would buy it all over again, especially since I think they have ironed out the problems in the newest hybrid model. A great car with a wonderful lifetime battery!