Over sold
By secrets on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
We bought this car strictly for the fuel economy. We were trading up from a 23mpg vehicle to a 40mpg car. We have never gotten more tha 35mpg with an average of 30.1mpg. I normally never buy new, and I will not buy a hybrid ever again. Knowing then what i know now i would have bought the cheaper turbo model. We are very disapointed with the MPG.
Favorite Features
The sonota is a very good looking vehicle. I think the interior was well designed. I still think domestic cars are more comfortable. We like the exterior design best,
Suggested Improvements
The only complaint we have is the gross misrepresentation of MPG. For that reason alone i will probably not buy a Hyndai again.
By npetal
on 06/30/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

I 100% agree with you. I have never EVER seen 40mpg average. The service is horrible, when I take it to the service center. They reset the mpg reading and drive about for five minutes and bring those high mpg reading (which I can do it) like I am stupid. They need to drive longer and get a consistent reading. I've even tried contacting the headquarters and nothing happened. Some manager contacted me from there and told me to take the car to the same service center for a review and surprise surprise, same results. NEVER EVER BUY HYUNDAI. I am now in a process of contacting BBB for a complaint.

By evfuture
on 07/25/13 13:53 PM (PDT)

I purchased Sonata hybrid about year ago. I never get more than 30 MPG in city and highway 36 to 37MPG. I keep wondering why I even bought hybrid. Regular cars give that much nowadays.

By gesiggie
on 08/02/14 10:14 AM (PDT)

I have also had consistently shoddy service and would also recommend to NEVER EVER BUY HYUNDAI.