2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love it so far

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic)

Love it so far
By jay357 on

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought the last 2012 Hybrid on the lot. Incentives were good enough to get what I considered a "fair" deal. Rides better than the Chrysler 300 I traded in, but to be fair the Chrysler had 20" wheels and this has 16's so the difference in tire sidewall could account for a lot of the ride. Gas mileage on the first tank was only 28 mpg(still 7 mpg better than the 300) with an equal mix of city/hwy. I am sure it will improve although I haven't fueled yet this week to see what the 2nd full tank will show. But just the fact that I have driven 1000 miles on two tanks of fuel is something the 300 would never have accomplished.

Favorite Features

Smooth quiet ride. I love running 75-80 mph on the battery. Bought it to save fuel and I believe that will happen. No need to fish around in your pocket for a key. Just walk up and hit the door button.

Suggested Improvements

The ECO-Guide gauge is kind of hokey, I would rather have a tachometer even if the engine doesn't run half the time. Stereo is okay if you listen to talk radio most of the time like me but go for the stereo upgrade if you want to listen to music