Used 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Sonata-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

Best car ever
By ancasterguy

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I purchased my hybrid with everything. I took the Nav package with red and the tan interior. The handling is great. Mileage is great! Looks of the car is great. I get so many compliments. Awesome car! LOVE IT! It drives so smooth and quiet. I have read where some people complain of slight delays when they hit the gas. I've never noticed that. It has lots of power when I push the pedal. Just a wonderful car. The selection on here for model only gives "base" as a selection. In Canada we get base, then LTD then Navigation package which has the works. Not really any options to buy other than winter floor mats.

Favorite Features

Panoramic sun roof is cool. The air conditioning is strong. Handling is smooth. Drive and seat is very comfy. Car looks cool! Love the red with the tan interior leather. Love the Navigation system. Talking to the system is cool although I have to practice a little to get that down pat. LED lights are cool! The smooth quiet drive.

Suggested Improvements

The blue link system should be offered in Canada as well. Don't forget us. Should come with spare tire.

Over sold
By secrets

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We bought this car strictly for the fuel economy. We were trading up from a 23mpg vehicle to a 40mpg car. We have never gotten more tha 35mpg with an average of 30.1mpg. I normally never buy new, and I will not buy a hybrid ever again. Knowing then what i know now i would have bought the cheaper turbo model. We are very disapointed with the MPG.

Favorite Features

The sonota is a very good looking vehicle. I think the interior was well designed. I still think domestic cars are more comfortable. We like the exterior design best,

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint we have is the gross misrepresentation of MPG. For that reason alone i will probably not buy a Hyndai again.

Has not delivered on mileage
By chauffeurboy

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I purchased this vehicle as a replacement for a 2011 regular Sonata that was written off in an accident. I thought this would be a good opportunity to take advantage of the potential fuel savings given that I commute 110 kms daily. I cannot understate my disappointment. My 2011 Sonata averaged 31mpg and my hybrid averaged 35 mpg. I did a comparison of my fuel expenses and mileage. Over a 26000km period I saved approximately 198 litres. Based on todays gas prices of 1.14.9 this translates to an annualized savings of $227.00. Over a 5 year period the savings is nowhere close to the $5,000 dollar premium I paid to purchase a hybrid.

Great hybrid owned it 1 year now
By gome1

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Great buy I have top of line loaded wht pearl /tan leather, glass roof best sunroof! 23 k miles on it I commute 45 miles daily average about 37mpg city & hwy combine ,40mpg traveling I drive normal some times on curies control I due use high octane fuel ,tire air pressure 35 psi ,syntitic oil every 3700 miles ,air filter every 15k.I get lots of compliments from friends & strangers asking what is it how nice.I owned Lexus Mercedes Cadilac BMW same quality so far for the money lots more to offer two many to list,example rear heated seats!

Favorite Features

Best panoramic sunroof !

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat memory, automatic enter exit feature,electric tilt & telestopic steering column,Passenger power seat!

Awesome and It gets the MPG+
By hisliving

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I read all of the Edmunds review. In a very minor way, i saw a small bit ogf the "lurching". Nothing I would not have expected at all...very very minor. I proudly got 38.5 driving to and in the mountains. Upon return, I recevived 42.5 mpg due to less hilly route upon return. Best vehicle coice I have made. Price, value, MPG, comfort and style!! looks awesome!!!

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, MPG,

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly navigation. My phone navigation seems easier to use, But I admit I have not read the manual!