Worst Decision I have ever made
By hp124 on
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)
I purchased the 2011 Hybrid Hyundai Sonata 2 months ago and it has been nothing but a headache for me. I have had the car in the shop now almost every weekend since I bought it because of new issues that keep arising. The gas tank is a huge issue, and Hyundai seems to have no idea what is actually going on with it. They have "fixed" it 3 times now and I am still having issues. I am currently getting around 23 miles to the gallon (glad I spent the extra 6 grand to get a hybrid) and I also think I might be leaking fuel as well. (I filled up my car 2 days ago and have driven 100 miles and already have less than a half tank) The computer system in the car looks great, but it cannot even begin to function. The average fuel economy cannot calculate itself at all, it has continuous glitches that keep popping up (which is why my car is currently in the shop) I also just recently received a recall notice on this car a week ago, but it was a "fix" I already had done and it did not fix the issue. In contrast my problems have actually been worse since having this "repair". I think Hyundai had the right idea with this car and I think it is gorgeous, but I also believe they tried to rush the production on this model.
Favorite Features
Design
Suggested Improvements
take a look at this model and figure out what is going on. There are many people having these same issues and Hyundai keeps pushing it under the rug.
By talaven
on 07/22/11 16:10 PM (PDT)

Thank you for your post. I too am experiencing similar issues. I've purchased my car 6/11/2011 and have complained to my dealer about fuel economy (26MPG last tank) and that the fuel gauge indicator did not appear to be remotely accurate.