2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Buyer Beware

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic)

Buyer Beware
By chubeck on

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Buying this car was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. It has been a huge disappointment. More importantly, it is unsafe and extremely dangerous to drive! The car has completely died on me twice. Once it happened on the 110 Freeway in Los Angeles and the second was on a busy parkway. The car just shuts off, literally STOPS! The "Check Charging System" light comes on and a warning chime sounds. The car does not switch to gas, but just stops running. I have had two near accidents with the car and cannot trust it.

Suggested Improvements

The local dealers do not have technicians qualified to fix the problems with the car, therefore they have to send Hyundai technicians to handle the repair. I have had the car in for repairs nine times in the short time I have owned it. There have been several recalls. I was notified of a recall over a month ago and the part is still not at the dealers. The engine malfunction light comes on constantly and the dealer has now told me to "ignore it".
By ecube
on 03/19/12 22:10 PM (PDT)

Had same exact problem!!!