2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic - (44 reviews )
Love my premium Sonata Hybrid
By jsaghir on 05/24/11 06:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I purchased one of the first to sell in Massachusetts, and it has been better than expected. Styling, handling, gas mileage, navigation, roominess, quiet cabin, great value - it has it all. I'm getting around 38 mpg, and I haven't driven on the highway as much as I usually do, where I have seen it get 40 mpg.

transmission leaks
By alisa on 05/17/11 19:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Really loved this car the first 2 weeks of owning it. It has everything we were looking for in a affordable, roomy, stylist hybrid. The bluetooth and xm radio standard features work great. Unfortunately after 600 miles we noticed drips on garage floor where vehicle was parked, then engine light came on. Found out it was a tranmission leak. Now we have a rental car for I don't know how long. The dealership has been very accommodating and the corporate office was very reassuring they will correct asap. Great 100,000k warranty, we may be needing it. We hope it is just a fluke, time will tell. We also own high end luxury vehicles too and they are no better. Time to get a bicycle!

Awesome vehicle
By ddiverd on 05/07/11 16:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I received the first hybrid Sonata to be sold in New York state. I immediately bonded with this car, it is one of the best vehicles I have driven, given the type. The styling is great and I will be using it to commute on a daily basis. The ride is firm, but also tight, handling is straight on. I traded a 2007 Camry, and it far surpasses that car. The interior fit and finish is superb, with brushed aluminum accents on the door and dash. The car looks like a much more expensive ride, and is styled differently than a regular Sonata. I wanted this car ever since I saw it in Motor trend. Averaging 39.5 mpg at this time, on the road and 35.5 in the city. Amazing car, leaves the Prius in the dust.

2011 Sonata Hybrid with Premium package
By marnold4 on 04/16/11 23:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We just have about 350 miles on the car but so far it's great. Plenty of pickup to get on the highway or pass, excellent fuel economy (baby it on the highway, on the flat or slight downhill, and you can hit 50 mpg fairly easily). The interior design is outstanding, nice leather seats, Sound system with Infinity speakers and sub-woofer work nicely. It's nice to have a transmission that actually shifts, and you can shift it in manual mode. BlueTooth works great with our HTC Droid phones and the i-Pod touch works perfectly as well. Nice sound and reception on HD radio stations in the area. The car has more of a luxury feel than a sporty handler for driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*