Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )

What a car!
By Dennis

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I bought this as a used Sonata Hybrid because my job has taken me to travel 60 miles each day and another 120 miles on Saturdays and I needed to get something better than what I was getting on my Caddy CTS. 22 miles per gallon (Highway). The first thing I noticed was the room inside was more than my Caddy and I was told in order to get the most out of this car, learn how to drive it. and I did now I get 45/51 miles per gallon. This is one awesome car. Now have 74,000 miles and the car looks new and runs as new.

Electrifying
By Jerry

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

First generation lithium battery hybrid has performed very well in over 95,000 miles. No mechanical or body problems and very good mileage. Car looks brand new after 5 years of use.

Great car with some hesitation
By rla444

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I've owned this car since July 2011 and have over 64000 miles on it. My mileage has varied from a 35MPG
low to an amazing 56 MPG for a 15 mile trip. Average MPG for the life of the car until I changed tires this month was an actual 38 MPG. The car MPGgauge reads falsely high.
My driving is 90% highway, though this is my daily driver. Like others, I had a check engine light issue when I first bought it and was reimbursed for my time and trouble by Hyundai. The mileage is very dependent on style of driving, speed (the slower the better). I really like the regular transmission over a CVT like the Honda Civic Hybrid I owned.

Regular transmission, Large size and ride. Styling, stereo system with bluetooth. Electric assist on power.

Raise the passenger seat, It sits too low. Improve the hesistation on start, that is chronic and must be accounted for in driving. Correct the optimistic MPG gauge.

Great hybrid car
By vabeachdriver

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I have had my sonata since July 2011.
It has been great to me.
I do a lot of business travel and I am averaging no less than 38MPG on almost all my full tanks of gas 530-575 Miles between fill ups.
It has a very smooth ride and I have had no operation or performance issues.

The interior design. Everything about the navigation, audio system and the layout of the car is beautiful! I also love the LED accents on the headlights.

Would have been nice to have the 42-44 MPG that they first advertised, but they made good with the annual rebate!

Just bought a certified used hybrid
By kurtster1

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I just bought a lease return 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
I prefer cloth so I was glad to find this a basic package car.
I love it.
Averaging 33 mpg where as my Jetta got 20 in town.
Such a quiet car and have had it up to 72 mph on the interstate in electric mode.
So far, it rocks!

IPod/Pad plug/Overall cockpit/Lighting and body style of the car overall.

Nothing major to report. There are so many options for lights and such that its a bit confusing.