2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

2014 Santa Fe
By Sharon Laine

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Not really satisfied with my Santa Fe. There is a problem when the gears shift, the transmission makes a sound. We took it in, had a New trans. (so they say) put in and it still does it! When we took it back in, there was a Car hauler there with new Santa Fe's on it, my husband and one of the service personnel took it for a drive and it did the same thing! We've had the car Ten months now and have had no issue from it as of yet. The Bluetooth does not download my phonebook contacts like it should. Cannot get it to download my Home phone number, so everytime I want to call my house, I have to tell it to "dial a number"! Sad when you pay that much money on a car and things don't work right!

Favorite Features

Heated fronts seats, outdoor temperature sensor and back-up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth needs to be overhauled and I believe Chrome Wheels would really make the vehicle look sharp!

Best Mid-Size SUV-Beats Luxury models
By jrsactown

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and purchased a 2014 Santa Fe GLS, AWD with Ultimate Package, Frosted Mocha in Oct 2014. We paid $36,000+ T&L, about $15,000 less then our next 2 choices ( Acura mdx & lexus rx350 ). The santa fe top of the line has more features, and rides just as good. Value is unbeatable. Looks, MPG, Ride, and power are top notch. Are friends are always amazed at how good it is ( most people are not aware of how good the Hyundai brands have progressed) We now have 4,000 miles, and not one issue

Favorite Features

Power, MPG, heated front & rear seats, plus ventilated front seats. Heated steering wheel. Largest panoramic sunroof, I have ever seen. Size, fits in the garage with our truck just fine.

Suggested Improvements

Color selections are too dark and limited. Daytime running lights ( 2015 now have DRL's) Wish it had LED lights

Hyundai Santa Fe STEERING PROBLEMS
By hyundaman3

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 Hyundai is a nice vehicle but unsafe when driving on highways due to steering wandering all over the lane I am supposed to be in. It wanders from side to side and the wandering increases as the vehicle increases in speed over 50 MPH. Constant steering corrections have to be made just to keep the vehicle in the lane it is supposed to be in and even then it still wanders back and forth noticeable.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wandering problem that I and many others have reported.

Road Trip Test
By lakeside4

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

On a follow up to my first review, I thought I would tell you about our recent road trip. My wife and I just completed a 4,000.8 mile trip up to Vancouver Island, BC and back to central Nebraska. Our Santa Fe performed flawlessly all the way. We drove 69 hours and 17 minutes. Beautiful scenery and a great auto. Never once did either of us get tired butt, not once did we have any issues with our Santa Fe. We spent 11 days out, 10 nights. We stopped in Billings, MT at the brand new dealer facility for a quick oil change. Super comfortable ride and drive all the way up and back. We averaged 24.6 MPG driving 3-7 MPH over posted limit, with quite a few miles logged with 80 MPH limit.

Favorite Features

Technology package: The guidance was awesome with the Bluelink. Even in Victoria, British Columbia, all we had to do was speak the name or address of our new destination and it took us directly to where we needed to be. Believe me, it is well worth the cost. We would have spent hours looking at maps trying to find our way without it. Bluelink also helped us arrange our service stop at Billings. Keyless entry is another one of our favorite features, as well as the great sound system. We think this is the most enjoyable auto we have ever had. Our gas mileage varied from the worse tank of 22 MPG to the best of 29.1 actual, on 10% Ethanol.

Suggested Improvements

The Santa Fe has proven itself to us. We haven't found anything that we think needs improvement yet.

Best Value of many.
By lakeside4

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We searched for a replacement for our 2006 Toyota Sequoia, wanting to go down in size. We looked at Toyota first, not finding the Highlander very appealing to us and dealer selection was awful. We also looked at Buick, Ford, GM and Dodge. We were very surprised when we began comparing features, options, overall cost and warranties of all the above. We found the Hyundai to be the best overall value by wide margin. Love driving it and the features are great. We had to drive a long way to find the one we wanted but well worth it!

Favorite Features

Adjustable power steering, sound system, panoramic view roof, heated/cooled seats, tech package, key-less entry/start.