2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: Waited a year to be Disappoint

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

Waited a year to be Disappointed
By turniptop on

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2002 GLS (that I purchased new and absolutely loved) for this new 7 passenger model. Although the interior and exterior are great there are a fewl things I'm not sure i can live with. 1. The gas petal is mounted from the bottom not the top as in a normal car and I have yet to find a comfortable position. I think it will be impossible not to use the cruise control on a long trip. 2. Steering is terrible and floats all over the road (doesn't matter what mode). Just doesn't feel tight. 3. The drivers seat adjustment does not allow the bottom of the seat to be raised in the back. 4. The passenger seat cannot be raised and it feels like you are sitting in a hole.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera needs to have an alert (maybe it does and I haven't figured out how to turn on). Navigation is very confusing.
By twhouston
on 08/04/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

I haven't found any of these issues to be a problem. I find the gas pedal quite comfortable. Steering is fine, but may require slightly more attention at high speeds. It would be nice to tilt the power seats but I find both the driver and passenger positions to be quite comfortable.