Thought it'd get great fuel economy
By ryoung11 on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Don't believe even the revised fuel economy numbers that Hyundai says the 2013 Santa Fe can get. I bought my Santa Fe assuming I would get very near the (at the time) advertised 33MPG highway, god I was wrong. I have owned the vehicle for 1 month today, it is currently in the shop to find out why my mileage is soo terrible (21 MPG) mixed use. Mind you I drive the car very economically to get better mileage. NOW Hyundai says OOPS we goofed, we lied about the numbers, turns out your car is a gas guzzler, here is a $65 visa gift card for your trouble. HA! $65, thanks but no thanks! Also, the dealer checked under the when I got there the car was almost out of coolant after 1100 miles.
Favorite Features
Interior is very nice, its quiet as well
Suggested Improvements
fuel economy, steering fell is terrible..
By jlaliker
on 01/22/13 14:50 PM (PST)

I too have/had a problem with the coolant in our 2013 Santa Fe. With approx. 4200 miles on the vehicle, on a highway, cold air started coming out of the vents. Exited the off ramp and the car stalled. Long story short, had to flatbed it to the dealer. The engine was pushing out the coolant on the highway. They had to replace the entire engine. I was told there have been a few similar events reported.