Superb in Many Ways , But......
By peekaboo on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
For me this vehicle has one major shortcoming. The front passenger seat does not flip forward to provide added length for carrying extra long items, such as 8ft. lumber. I previously owned a 2006 Hyundai Tucson and the back rest of the front passenger's seat inclined forward all the way into a flat position which allowed me to conveniently carry 8 ft. lengths of stock with the rear door closed. Not having the ability to do it on my Sante Fe is a major oversight by the Hyundai developmental Engineering group. I'm confident that there are many owners out there who share my displeasure over this incapability. After all, The Sante Fe sport is a cross between a car and a truck.
Suggested Improvements
Fully forward inclining back rest on the front passenger seat.
By peekaboo
on 04/23/14 16:01 PM (PDT)

Further to my review below posted 8/31/13.....the rear seats are quite heavy and it would be much easier to lift-up from a reclining position if they were spring loaded. Also, the button for the heated steering wheel should be located on the steering wheel rather than on the bottom of the left dash. As it is now, you have to take your eyes off the road to locate it because the steering wheel obstruct your view of it. There should also be an interior pop-up button for the rear tail gate door. The rear side window up-swoop design partially obstructs passing lane view and I got caught once attempting a lane change not readily noticing how close the vehicle next to me was......until they blasted their horn. For me this vehicle has one major shortcoming. The front passenger seat does not flip forward to provide added length for carrying extra long items, such as 8ft. lumber. I previously owned a 2006 Hyundai Tucson and the back rest of the front passenger's seat inclined forward all the way into a flat position which allowed me to conveniently carry 8 ft. lengths of stock with the rear door closed. Not having the ability to do it on my Santa Fe is a major oversight by the Hyundai developmental Engineering group. I'm confident that there are many owners out there who share my displeasure over this incapability. After all, The Santa Fe sport is a cross between a car and a truck.