2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: long gone 1

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

long gone 1
By cpc4 on

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 5000 miles since the Dec. 15th 2013 purchase and so far so good. I have had no steering issues at all that I keep reading about. I gave up my 2006 4runner 4.7l V8 with 95000 miles that I loved, to get better gas mileage and 22 city and 30 hwy is great out of this 2.4l . The only issue , so far is the loss of power for a split second or 2 that only happens at an idle when Im getting read to pull out in traffic or say make a left turn. You start to depress the throttle only to have nothing happen for that second or two,quite disturbing for that short
moment.This has happened 4 times and the pattern seems to be only on 95+ degree days

after 16 months of ownership the dash was making a cracking sound over uneven pavement . Traded the car with less than 10,000 miles on it, I was dissapointed to say the least with the interior build quality........

• Braking
  • Logic of controls
  • Interior design

• Noise and vibration
  • Quality of materials

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By busdepot
on 10/18/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

I have experienced the exact same thing that you have described with the engine hesitating, but I have the 2.0T engine. I did some research and I can tell you that we are not the only two having this problem, it doesn't happen very often but you just never know when it will. I read somewhere that one owner mentioned it when he brought it in for service and was told that it was a problem with the electronic fuel injection and that there was no fix at this time.