Satisfied so far
By cpc4 on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Only 5000 miles since the Dec. 15th 2013 purchase and so far so good. I have had no steering issues at all that I keep reading about. I gave up my 2006 4runner 4.7l V8 with 95000 miles that I loved, to get better gas mileage and 22 city and 30 hwy is great out of this 2.4l . The only issue , so far is the loss of power for a split second or 2 that only happens at an idle when Im getting read to pull out in traffic or say make a left turn. You start to depress the throttle only to have nothing happen for that second or two,quite disturbing for that short moment.This has happened 4 times and the pattern seems to be only on 95+ degree days
Favorite Features
Panoramic sun roof ,Nav. and styling.
Suggested Improvements
There is a little to much road noise let in the cabin but Im probably a little spoiled from the quiet 4runner interior...........The heated steering wheel button should be mounted on the steering wheel instead of the steering selection,(comfort sport normal) that once you select it you never touch it again. On the other hand in the winter You turn the heated steering on and off alot....
By busdepot
on 10/18/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

I have experienced the exact same thing that you have described with the engine hesitating, but I have the 2.0T engine. I did some research and I can tell you that we are not the only two having this problem, it doesn't happen very often but you just never know when it will. I read somewhere that one owner mentioned it when he brought it in for service and was told that it was a problem with the electronic fuel injection and that there was no fix at this time.