Overall a good small/midsize SUV
By kwacha on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
It's really my wife's SUV although I've driven it more than she has on three trips. The first trip was 1200 miles and the second was over 1400 miles with a shorter trip of 800. The Santa Fe Sport is very tight and its snow white appearance/color makes it very attractive with it’s the beautiful 17 in. mag style wheels. Also, it’s really not that small and the exterior and interior are both well designed. The Nav is great except for the stupid step of having to agree to safety rules every single time you get in the vehicle. Like that is going to make you drive more safely or something. Also the Radio/Stereo is also very good. Interior coverings and amenities are of high quality.
Favorite Features
I'm a road warrior and on the road a lot, but in business I drive a different vehicle. As noted, this is my wife's SUV and these are my comments. . It's reasonably quiet. . It rides well on the expressway and OK on bumpy streets for a short wheelbase. . It turns on a dime. . Very agile. . It never lacks for power with the Turbo. . Lots of bells and whistles for the money. . Reverse camera is great. . Huge full length sun roof is cool. . Additional covered storage compartments in floor of cargo area is very handy. . Rear seats recline a bit as well . Wife loves it.
Suggested Improvements
.Could track better at 70+ MPH on highway. Steering has 3 setting, but all constantly/quickly drift from its steering path forcing you to continuously fine tune the steering, that is tiring on long trips. Our previous Hondas never had that issue - rock steady. . Gas mileage isn't close to the claim. Hyundai fessed up to their "so called" over estimation and do provide a lifetime gas reimbursement. . It would be nice to have convenient inside door handles to grab when closing the door - like Hondas. . Sometimes hesitates in lower gear when you give it the gas, say in middle of an intersection, but not badly. . Front seats are a bit narrow for me on a long trip, but fine for my wife.
By tccas1
on 07/23/13 19:33 PM (PDT)

This is an update to my above and previous review of 2/18/13. After 13,000 plus miles now I feel the need to re-address issues. The first two were previously discussed - Steering and the gas mileage. The Steering is even worse than previously reported. It can be dangerous on expressways above 65 MPH. Extremely sensitive/volatile in any of the three settings. I've noticed that others have made similar comments, so it can't just be our issue. Again, Gas mileage is even worse than previously reported, very disappointing. The 3rd and newest issue is headlights, particularly on dim. Again, we can only compare to Honda's and our Santa Fe Sport is not even close Honda headlights. Dealer was no help, so, I'm going to check into upgrading bulbs, but I'm not sure that will do much for the dim setting. Other then these three issues, it's a nice car/SUV.