No pick up
By newcar62 on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I really want to love this car. I love the exterior and interior design and all the features it has. For these reasons, I would say the car has good value. HOWEVER, I have had the car not even 2 weeks and cannot get used to the 4 cylinder, which I'm assuming is the reason the car has NO pick up. It takes too long to get going every time I have to accelerate and this makes me dread every single traffic light/stop sign. Maybe it is because I am coming from the 6 cyl. tuscon, but it just doesnt seem like enough power for an suv. I dont remember my test drive being like this so I'm tempted to go drive another one at the dealership andsee if it's a problem with my car. Anyone else have this?
By giguot
on 07/09/13 13:47 PM (PDT)

Re new car 62 I have the same vehicle and now regret I didn't get the Turbo. The pickup is lousy. I had a 6 cyl 2009 Santa Fe which was slow, and, you're right, I also had a 6 cyl Tucson which was much faster off the mark. Sure the styling of the 2013 SF could be head turning but items like ackward steering and pick up on the 2.4L is very negative to an otherwise great car.