New Santa Fe huge improvement over previous model
By twhouston on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
I traded in my 2010 Santa Fe Limited for a 2013 GLS with AWD. I would have like to have gone for the Limited but I wanted 7 seats, and not 6. So far, I have to say that for the most part, the vehicle is much improved. The exterior is much more handsome, although you lose a little rear visibility. The interior is vastly improved, with much more comfortable seats, higher material quality, and hugely improved instrumentation and controls. Most noticeable is the improved quietness of the car, and the vastly improved ride quality. In the older version, you would feel a big jolt over minor potholes. The new one adsorbs the impact so that they are barely perceptible.
Favorite Features
Overall external styling. Beautiful wheel covers. Beautiful headlights with LED trim. More comfortable 1st and 2nd row seats. Power controls for both driver and passenger. Greatly improved navigation system with SD card input. Much improved backup camera, much clearer and larger image. Improved sound system. Very quiet. Great ride quality that just soaks up road imperfections. Lack of squeaks and rattles. Vastly improved safety scores.
Suggested Improvements
The third row seat access is just terrible. You have to contort yourself to get into it. The leg room of the third row seat is terrible. It is only useable for small adults or teens. We would be nice to have the additional features of the Limited with 7 seats. I have the loaded GLS, but are missing the push button start, power liftgate, panoramic sun roof, rear sun shades, and Infinity stereo that can be found in the Limited. On the other hand, I prefer the 18 inch tires to the 19 inch ones on the Limited. Gas mileage could be better. It is somewhat sluggish off-line.