2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: My 2013 Santa Fe Sport, FWD w/

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

My 2013 Santa Fe Sport, FWD w/leather
By pete3478 on

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned a new 2013 Santa Fe Sport for one month now. We have traveled from Chicago to Mackinac down thru Wisconsin and a week later from Chicago to Branson, Memphis, Nashville, Gatlinburg and back. Approx. 3000miles all together. On the low side we got 22.5 mpg to 28 mpg on the high side. This was done in moderately hilly terrain and a tight new engine. My wife loves it. The standard 4 cyl engine has good pep and 6 speed transmission works well. A VERY quiet ride for a SUV. Leather seats are comfortable with good adjustments. Handles and brakes with good feel. While the steering is on the light side with not a lot of feel, I personally wouldn't call it dangerous.

We like the hands free calling, key less entry, and reclining rear seats.

As most of you would agree the overall steering needs a bit more refinement. My wife liked the steering in Normal mode and I preferred the Sport mode. After driving 3000 mile it is a comfortable vehicle and I expect the fuel economy to only get better. NOTE - please check your tire pressure ours was delivered with 40 lbs of pressure. The recommended is 33 front and rear.