First 3,000 mile impression
By santafejoe on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
After reading the reviews and testing the vehicle for ourself we bought one, but not the one we test drove. The steering problem was not in the first one we tested but slightly in the one we bought. Switching to Sport pretty much made it go away. In my opinion its non exisistant now because you adapt and I think they put the front wheels very parallel without much Toe-in and that makes for in very good fuel economy. I normally average 31 MPG! with a mix of 60 mph highway and town driving. Top Highway for me is 34MPG and this makes vehicle outstanding! I have the FWD and my previous vehicle was a Nissan Murano AWD, which I don't think I ever used the AWD. I could not be more pleased.
Favorite Features
Voice command controls. Rear back up camera is spot on. The leather has a lot of Little Holes in it for something but it is soft and comforatble. I like the Electric steering in the Sport selection and after having power steering leak problems with the Murano, this is better. I like the Blue link and have already signed up for 3 years, but not for the navigation part. The remote start, lock, unlock and emergency service is what I went for. The 4 cyclinder is 190HP is just fine for me and I can't ell any difference between it and the v6 in the Murano. The vehicle is quiet and I really like that. Its hard to tell if its running and I have to look at the tach. to tell.
Suggested Improvements
User seat adjustments and mirror setting upon using your keyless entry. this would allow the fron Drivers seat to go all the way back then forward once you are seated. The Murano had this feature. Adjustable head lights for how much load you are hauling would be a nice feature. Adjustable cruise control tolerances would be great on any vehicle, I don't know of any that have that feature, but I can't stand it going into the passing gears over a slight slowing down of the vehicle when it gets on a hill.
By jenweinzapfel
on 10/05/12 06:52 AM (PDT)

wow the gas milage you are getting is great! so far have not exceeded 24 MPG, what is your secret? Also have you heard any what would sound like a air leak around passenger side window in front? Took my back in for Xylon coating a week later and told them to look at that and listen while driving. I can not feel any air leak only hear it. They said they test drove the other 2013 on the lot and they all sounded like this. They also said they called a engineer and they had not heard of that problem. Have you noticed this problem?

By aad68
on 10/10/12 13:20 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe, and I hear the same air leak on mine, very bothersome, I can hear it. Why would any 2013 new car have an air leak to the windows? I think all of my windows have the air leak, I just hear it all around. Let me know if anything was done. Thanks.