Excellent upgrade over previous model
By twhouston on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
I traded in a 2010 Santa Fe Limited FWD which was fully loaded for the 2013 GLS AWD. The car is a serious upgrade in every way. The external styling is much improved. The internal styling is also lovely, with much improved materials, backup camera and navigation system. The biggest improvement is in the overall ride and quietness. The previous model was quite noisy and you felt every imperfection in the road. This model is as quiet as a luxury sedan and goes over bumps very smoothly. Also, the previous model exhibited serious understeer when accelerating. This one does not, probably due to the AWD. So far, I'm getting better than advertised gas mileage.
Favorite Features
(1) Smooth ride. (2) Quietness, no squeaks or rattles. (3) Good gauges, and controls. (4) Much improved navigation system with much bigger screen. (5) Much sharper and clearer backup camera. (6) Comfortable seats. (7) Improved quality of internal materials. (8) Improved external styling. (9) Lack of understeer due to AWD. (10) Very good gas mileage - getting 27 to 29 mpg on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
I would have loved to get the Limited features available in a 7 seat vehicle. The panoramic sunroof, the improved stereo, the keyless start, and the power liftgate would all be great, but I needed the 7 seats and not 6. Ease of entry into the 3rd row could be a lot better. Third row seats sit too low to the ground. Blind spot monitor would be nice because of big blind spot of large D pillar.
By safwanhashmi
on 08/14/13 04:18 AM (PDT)

I got one with Third Row. I like it very much but I hate two things about it. 1. I drive on long routes and it has only 64 liters tank. which gives me approx 300km in one tank if I lock my car on 160km/h. Imagine if I go above it and I bought this Santa Fe for visiting a city once in two month which 1500km away. 2. When you put in Manual mode (TipTronic) it still drives the same as Automatic mode. Specially going up hills and putting it into a darg race ...!!! You can't hold the gear, shift down the gear by your choice ... The Car won't let you ...!!!... What the hell why to put Manual mode if can't support it ...!!!... Why deceive the customer ...???