Better choices out there
By sunstormreview on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
Never owned a Hyundai product, I was smitten by the high style high feature content at a competitive price. My first Santa fe was so riddled with problems Hyundai gave me another. The second has less than half the problems as the first with one common issue that botheres me most, the vehicle randomly shuts off! This has only happend four times in 9 months but it's very serious problem in my opinion. Its very random- the suv loses all power and just stops, it restarts straight away. So far two dealers cannot figure it out. My other two gripes are terrible fuel economy, and interior rattles. Overall I'm much less than happy here. There are other owners who feel the same way I've spoke to.
Favorite Features
It looks nice, drives perfectly fine, has lots of features for the money.
Suggested Improvements
Look through the smoke and mirrors of all the features and style and you find a half hearted effort. Hyundai reminds me somewhat of GM in the 80's.
By filas4me
on 07/06/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

We had the 2013 2.0T and after 6 months and only 6,000 km on it due to it being in the shop more than it was at home, it was replaced by the dealership.We opted for the XL and brought it home last night.It is a much nicer vehicle. We would have bought the XL back in Jan if they were available. Thinking this one will be much better!

By backtoblack1
on 07/07/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

I was also not aware of the LWB being out no longer January 2013 in the USA. Was this made in the USA or some other country?

By romans10nine
on 01/23/14 17:25 PM (PST)

This may not be at all relevant to the Santa Fe, but I did have a Nissan Maxima a long time ago that would just shut off while driving - very dangerous. After many trips to the shop it was determined that the mass airflow sensor was bad and this fixed the problem. Again, not sure if this is even relevant on a Santa Fe. Either way, it should generate an error code in the Santa Fe's computer. Hope you get it figured out.

By ultcar
on 07/05/13 10:56 AM (PDT)

Has the long wheel base Santa Fe been out for 9 months? I was not aware of that.