Best bang for your buck
By king_james on
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I got the Santa Fe with a trade-in, and the total cost was about 29K (before trade) with the warranty/gap/taxes etc. Although I did not get a package like the sunroof, leather interior, rear view camera, gps, etc., I think the base model is still a great deal for the money I spent. I need an awd due to my location, and this vehicle is the best option out there for this price. I also checked options like Ford, Nissan, Mazda and Honda, and I would have to spend an extra 5-10K just to get the same level of comfort/performance from the other brands.
Favorite Features
Performance! I get 264 hp and 269 lb-ft torque out of a 4 banger. 0-60 is not 8-9 seconds like incompetent magazines mention, it is around 6.5-7, depending on the road and driver. This vehicle will smoke V-6 cars and SUVs. The steering is not as bad as people complain, put it on "Sport" and leave it there. You get the best handling on that setting.
Suggested Improvements
I wish Hyundai would offer HID/Xenon options on these vehicles. Actually the vehicles in ads seem to be equipped with HIDs. And please less chrome next time. I am spending a fortune on Wraptivo to cover up all the bling.
By king_james
on 05/24/13 11:36 AM (PDT)

The price tag was about 31K on it, got 750 rebate in April, and negotiated the rest...

By bmohandas
on 05/23/13 11:38 AM (PDT)

how did you managet tthat at 29k, that is like 5k below invoice!