Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Waited a year to be Disappointed
By turniptop

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2002 GLS (that I purchased new and absolutely loved) for this new 7 passenger model. Although the interior and exterior are great there are a fewl things I'm not sure i can live with. 1. The gas petal is mounted from the bottom not the top as in a normal car and I have yet to find a comfortable position. I think it will be impossible not to use the cruise control on a long trip. 2. Steering is terrible and floats all over the road (doesn't matter what mode). Just doesn't feel tight. 3. The drivers seat adjustment does not allow the bottom of the seat to be raised in the back. 4. The passenger seat cannot be raised and it feels like you are sitting in a hole.

Interior and exterior very nice.

Backup camera needs to have an alert (maybe it does and I haven't figured out how to turn on). Navigation is very confusing.

New Santa Fe huge improvement over previous model
By twhouston

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2010 Santa Fe Limited for a 2013 GLS with AWD. I would have like to have gone for the Limited but I wanted 7 seats, and not 6. So far, I have to say that for the most part, the vehicle is much improved. The exterior is much more handsome, although you lose a little rear visibility. The interior is vastly improved, with much more comfortable seats, higher material quality, and hugely improved instrumentation and controls. Most noticeable is the improved quietness of the car, and the vastly improved ride quality. In the older version, you would feel a big jolt over minor potholes. The new one adsorbs the impact so that they are barely perceptible.

Overall external styling. Beautiful wheel covers. Beautiful headlights with LED trim. More comfortable 1st and 2nd row seats. Power controls for both driver and passenger. Greatly improved navigation system with SD card input. Much improved backup camera, much clearer and larger image. Improved sound system. Very quiet. Great ride quality that just soaks up road imperfections. Lack of squeaks and rattles. Vastly improved safety scores.

The third row seat access is just terrible. You have to contort yourself to get into it. The leg room of the third row seat is terrible. It is only useable for small adults or teens. We would be nice to have the additional features of the Limited with 7 seats. I have the loaded GLS, but are missing the push button start, power liftgate, panoramic sun roof, rear sun shades, and Infinity stereo that can be found in the Limited. On the other hand, I prefer the 18 inch tires to the 19 inch ones on the Limited. Gas mileage could be better. It is somewhat sluggish off-line.

Surprising in every way...
By entheo

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

let me start by saying that i've previously owned four straight Audis, the last of which felt pretty boring to me, so it was time for a change. after test driving numerous vehicles (including BMW, Porsche) i took a spin in the sante fe 2.0T AWD, and was frankly shocked at how nice it was. i've purchased one and i couldn't be happier -- it's quiet, refined, peppy, smooth, handles well and is actually fun to drive. very nice set of features, and of course an outstanding warranty. and all this for half (or more) of what i would have paid for a German counterpart. unless you feel obligated to impress your neighbors with an expensive nameplate you owe it to yourself to take one for a test drive.

quiet ride, smooth power, nice design and color combos, intuitive controls, warranty, price.

adjustable height center console; paddle shifter option for 2.0T; set mirrors to SAE-recommended mirror positions to avoid blind spots.

Low beam
By pierrot2

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had our Santa Fe for a month now, so far so good. Steering takes a little getting used to. But I find the that on low beams, the lights make a line that is very anoying when driving on the highway. As anyone noticed this problem, if so how can it be fixed. The vehicle is brand new to us, never driven a Hyundai before always GM's which were very good.

Better choices out there
By sunstormreview

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Never owned a Hyundai product, I was smitten by the high style high feature content at a competitive price. My first Santa fe was so riddled with problems Hyundai gave me another. The second has less than half the problems as the first with one common issue that botheres me most, the vehicle randomly shuts off! This has only happend four times in 9 months but it's very serious problem in my opinion. Its very random- the suv loses all power and just stops, it restarts straight away. So far two dealers cannot figure it out. My other two gripes are terrible fuel economy, and interior rattles. Overall I'm much less than happy here. There are other owners who feel the same way I've spoke to.

It looks nice, drives perfectly fine, has lots of features for the money.

Look through the smoke and mirrors of all the features and style and you find a half hearted effort. Hyundai reminds me somewhat of GM in the 80's.