Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Most Helpful|
Still in love 2 years later
By linlin016

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe Sport in August of 2012. I was the second person in Kentucky to own this model. Anyway, I've hard my Santa Fe for nearly two years now and I still love it! I have taken my car to Florida on three trips (1400 miles round trip), I do a lot of driving in town, and take weekend trips in it. I haven't had a single problem with my car and now have over 25,000 miles on the odometer. The interior still looks like new, the paint still looks new, and the cabin is extremely quiet, even at high rates of speed. If I had it to do over, I would definitely buy this Santa Fe Sport again.

Favorite Features

Beautiful and sleek body-style, roomy and attractive interior that's well laid out, good gas mileage, great handling, smooth ride, quiet cabin, large 17" tires, and... my No. 1 favorite feature: Top safety rating!

Suggested Improvements

The black, rubbery material along the arm rests show fingerprints very easily. I suggest a different material there that looks cleaner. I also suggest that the driver seat go back a few inches more for taller drivers. Lastly, I suggest that all Santa Fe models be sold with vinyl or leather covered seats. Mine are fabric and fabric soils and stains easily.

Waited a year to be Disappointed
By turniptop

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2002 GLS (that I purchased new and absolutely loved) for this new 7 passenger model. Although the interior and exterior are great there are a fewl things I'm not sure i can live with. 1. The gas petal is mounted from the bottom not the top as in a normal car and I have yet to find a comfortable position. I think it will be impossible not to use the cruise control on a long trip. 2. Steering is terrible and floats all over the road (doesn't matter what mode). Just doesn't feel tight. 3. The drivers seat adjustment does not allow the bottom of the seat to be raised in the back. 4. The passenger seat cannot be raised and it feels like you are sitting in a hole.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera needs to have an alert (maybe it does and I haven't figured out how to turn on). Navigation is very confusing.

So far so good
By rtown1

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Hyundai. After driving Fords for 30 years, this is definitely something different. The car has 10,000 miles on it, with 2,000 in the last week. It was driven both on interstates and in the mountains and the performance was good in both locations. The mileage could be better, averaged 27 on the road and 24 in town. The interior is comfortable and well thought out. With snow in the mountains the heated seats were a welcome addition. Overall a great car for two people with room for two more.

Favorite Features

The car overall is fun to drive. It has enough pep to get up and go as well as an easy shifting transmission that's very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the back up camera. It needs to be in a better place to be cleaner, as well as when it's raining, you really can't use it.

Absolute best bang for your buck!
By leesekay

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I literally test drove every mid-size SUV imaginable in my quest to buy my next vehicle. Coming from a Honda CR-V, I needed more interior space to cart around my large friends (All are well above 6ft tall) and my two large dogs, along with their crates. The Santa Fe was an option I was unwilling to consider, until I drove one. The ride is beautiful, and comfort mode steering helps tremendously. My small frame is a bit overwhelmed by the large seats, but the power seats and lumbar support make it more than comfortable. The options I have: heated steering wheel, front and rear seats, back up cam, navigation, Bluelink and leather seats for less money than a mid range Honda. #hyundaifamily

Favorite Features

Heated Steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, comfort mode driving (great for smaller people), LARGE screen backup cam (mine is 8"), Leather, Bluelink (google this- its incredible!), Navigation, garage door openers, Lumbar support, Flat folding rear seats, Cup storage in doors, HD radio, 18" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Factory windshield wipers are a bit flimsy for such a large windshield, I will be replacing with nicer ones shortly. My Mileage is not great so far, but I typically drive less than 2 miles in the city at a time, so it is to be expected. 3 days in I am averaging 15 MPG.

Love my NEW Sport Santa Fe - 2.4L AWD
By vivivalencia

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really enjoy my New Santa Fe, this is my 3rd Hyundai. I owned a GT Elantra (manual) and I still have my 2005 Santa Fe GLS, at 126,000 plus miles it still runs great. I tested BMW,Subaru, Audi, Explorer, Toyota, and after testing the new Santa Fe, I opted for another one. I chose Pearl white, first time with a bright color, my 2005 is black. Love to drive it, everyone loves the interior and exterior. My only concern had been the reviews on steering, so I tested roads, city and highway driving. People need to understand its a new technology, electronic, and all modes are sensitive to roads and conditions, and each wheel is sensitive to dry, wet, rocky pavement. Love it, I feel secure!

Favorite Features

Navigation, heated seats front and back! Maneuvering in the city or highway. I have had it almost 2 weeks now, took it on a road trip to MA and NH! Looks! Can't beat the warranty! Glad I chose it over many others, although was willing to get something different, I didn't bcz I don't trust any other. Love the new style~ you get so much for the money. Was able to get a good deal and $750 loyalty rebate.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger seat does not raise or lower like the driver seat. Still haven't be enable to figure out day lights. I have all the bells and whistles, it would be nice to have an automatic tailgate lift. Lost the window opening tailgate, loved having it on my 2005....things insignificant to live with.