2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Bad to the Bone
By backtoblack1 on 12/08/12 18:31 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the 2.0T after an extensive search and reading reviews. Test drove the 2013 Equinox, Grand Cherokee, Highlander, RDX, Pathfinder, and Edge and Escape. All were good vehicles but the 2.0T was the most impressive - size, space, speed, gas mileage, amenities, looks and at a decent price. Out the box the 2.0T is an excellent redesign. I am getting about 24 mpg combined after about 700 miles but my goal is to get closer to or exceed the EPA estimated 27 mpg by playing more with the ECO setting. Took a road trip of about 500 miles last weekend and the 2.0T never struggled (no whining at all) when going up hills or passing vehicles going up hills at 75 -80 mphÂ…I was thoroughly impressed.

Good but Engine Lacks
By dktech on 11/30/12 09:24 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Nice looking exterior and interior but given recent reduction in EPA mpg and so so performance of the 2.0L turbo it makes me wonder if buying a competitors product with a V6 engine would have been a better choice. The 2.0L is smooth and responsive but in the final analysis it falls short in the performance department, I have the AWD version.

Thought it'd get great fuel economy
By ryoung11 on 11/19/12 15:44 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Don't believe even the revised fuel economy numbers that Hyundai says the 2013 Santa Fe can get. I bought my Santa Fe assuming I would get very near the (at the time) advertised 33MPG highway, god I was wrong. I have owned the vehicle for 1 month today, it is currently in the shop to find out why my mileage is soo terrible (21 MPG) mixed use. Mind you I drive the car very economically to get better mileage. NOW Hyundai says OOPS we goofed, we lied about the numbers, turns out your car is a gas guzzler, here is a $65 visa gift card for your trouble. HA! $65, thanks but no thanks! Also, the dealer checked under the when I got there the car was almost out of coolant after 1100 miles.

Tough decision but the right one.
By dwaggard on 11/03/12 16:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 2 months of research and driving a lot of CUV's we were getting very discouraged with what we were finding. CX5 was way too slow (especially after owning a Mazda 3 for 5 years. Ford Escape was nice but doesn't seem to get as good of MPG as EPA states and was very cramped in cockpit. CRV was comfy but seemed cheap on the inside & sounded like it was straining & had a lot of tire noise. Sorento had worst ride I've ever experienced (after everyone commenting on this, you'd think they would fix that) 09 Lexus RX350 was our first choice, it was awesome but was $1,500.00 more than the new Sante Fe and had 38k miles & would only give us another 62,000 miles of warranty being "Certified".

Bang on....
By mike159 on 10/23/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 1st Hyundai and Suv. The ride is much better than I expected and have not had any problems with the blind spot, it's just a matter of paying attention on the road. Engine repsonse is going to take awhile to get used to since coming from an Accord. Not a fan yet of the eco drive, seems to shift out way too soon. Interior quality is beyond expected and more sporty,rugged than the 2012 model. Love the leather, love it. I can already see the matte finish on the dash and door panels is going to show grease from fingers, I keep a mico towel handy. With 1,100 miles, so far I'm pleased with the purchase, and I'm a tuff customer to please.

Love it so far
By bff1 on 10/11/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only driven my Santa Fe sport for 2 weeks (500 miles) so far, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase and cannot speak for things like reliability. I love it so far. It's very quiet to drive, and the steering wheel gadgets are awesome - bluetooth, radio controls, etc. The styling is great, and the hidden compartments below the rear floor are bigger than any other privacy space in this vehicle class. Power is good. There are a couple of odd shift points, but not issues going up hill or getting on the highway. The proximity key is nice. The whole family thought this was the most comfortable in this class, and also the quietest.

First 3,000 mile impression
By santafejoe on 10/02/12 11:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After reading the reviews and testing the vehicle for ourself we bought one, but not the one we test drove. The steering problem was not in the first one we tested but slightly in the one we bought. Switching to Sport pretty much made it go away. In my opinion its non exisistant now because you adapt and I think they put the front wheels very parallel without much Toe-in and that makes for in very good fuel economy. I normally average 31 MPG! with a mix of 60 mph highway and town driving. Top Highway for me is 34MPG and this makes vehicle outstanding! I have the FWD and my previous vehicle was a Nissan Murano AWD, which I don't think I ever used the AWD. I could not be more pleased.

My 2013 Santa Fe Sport, FWD w/leather
By pete3478 on 10/01/12 09:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned a new 2013 Santa Fe Sport for one month now. We have traveled from Chicago to Mackinac down thru Wisconsin and a week later from Chicago to Branson, Memphis, Nashville, Gatlinburg and back. Approx. 3000miles all together. On the low side we got 22.5 mpg to 28 mpg on the high side. This was done in moderately hilly terrain and a tight new engine. My wife loves it. The standard 4 cyl engine has good pep and 6 speed transmission works well. A VERY quiet ride for a SUV. Leather seats are comfortable with good adjustments. Handles and brakes with good feel. While the steering is on the light side with not a lot of feel, I personally wouldn't call it dangerous.

Dangerous Steering
By snehila on 09/02/12 04:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle a week ago and have to advise you to not purchase until Hyundai has a solution to the steering problem. The car doesn't track straight at all, darting left and then right requiring constant and exhausting corrections to the wheel. The wheel doesn't center itself. To explain what I mean, while going around a curve if you remove your hands from the wheel, the car continues to go around the curve. It never makes any movement to center the wheel and track straight. At highway speeds I have never felt less in control. Even with two hands on the wheel driving for more than 15 minutes is a frightening and tiring experience.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
By yooperbill on 08/28/12 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I very much like everything about the car except the steering.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*