Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

A $50K quality CUV for closer to 30K
By johnnywes

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a Juniper Green with Beige AWD 2.0T at the end of July. Loaded with everything, save for remote start. This CUV replaces my old 07 SF LTD. This new version is sportier, better looking, tighter, and a lot more fun to drive. The interior is great, so much more comfortable than my 07. Everything is within reach and very easy to use. The Nav/Radio/Back up camera is really nice. The 12 speaker surround sound is concert hall quality. The 2.0 Turbo is a stout little workhorse that has plenty of zip. there's nothing i don't like about my new Santa Fe.

the Re Designed Look the awesome 2.0T engine w/264 hp and lots of torque. the AWD system is great the steering level options, really unique the 19" wheels the hands off blu link system the super comfy seats the no lag turbo the quiet ride the panoramic moon roof is gorgeous the beige leather is top quality the gauge cluster is really easy to read the grippy braking system Everything

power tail gate

Wow
By froggers

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased 2WD V6 with Navi and 3 rows of seats. Drove from LV to LA, 23.7mpg with ave speed of 67mph. Very comfortable, great vision and no real blind spots. You still need to turn your head and look! A/C worked great as temp in LV and desert 109F. Great power, no problems going up any of the grades and able to easily pass. Can't tell the difference between 70-90mph, so you have to pay attention. Takes a while to learn the Navi system and it's not as good as the Honda Crosstour to learn or use (few more steps and a more difficult menu system). Handles very car like and has a compliant (not mushy) suspension. Handles the Pasadena fwy curves easily at >60mph with some body lean

Horsepower, comfort, interior design, vision, navi screen, A/C. Handling, gas mileage relative to HP, and runs on regular unleaded. Middle row and rear A/C vents and controls.

Door side panel pockets are just about worthless. Armrests extend too far down and interfere with removing objects. Cup holder moldings in pockets are worthless. Cup holders in center console could be bigger.

A LOT OF BANG FOR THE BUCK
By busdepot

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a fully loaded Santa Fe Sport a few months ago and I am very pleased with my purchase.Not only does this vehicle have a very comfortable and quiet ride but it is also a lot of fun to drive,especially with the 2.0 turbo engine, it feels as quick as any 6 cylinder but with better mpg.Some owners have complained about the steering in the new Sport,I will say that it does have a different feel to it but nothing that you can't get use to after being behind the wheel for a short time,Hyundai like other car makers is now putting electric power steering in its vehicles so you will read this in other car reviews as well,but I will say that it can turn on a dime,and great for making U-turns.

My favorite features I would have to say is the interior and exterior design of the vehicle,I got it in red and I get a lot of complements no matter where I go,the interior has a very upscale look to it and the seats are very comfortable as well.Another favorite feature has got to be the 2.0t engine,if you want to have some fun with this vehicle you have got to get the turbo and I also have AWD so for the first time I am looking forward to the winter,I can't wait to get a chance to go out and play with it in the snow.Another great feature is you can make a complete U-turn on all but the narrowest of streets and it makes getting in and out of those narrow spaces in some parking lots a breeze.

The only improvement I would like to see included would be a blind spot warning system.

Excellent upgrade over previous model
By twhouston

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2010 Santa Fe Limited FWD which was fully loaded for the 2013 GLS AWD. The car is a serious upgrade in every way. The external styling is much improved. The internal styling is also lovely, with much improved materials, backup camera and navigation system. The biggest improvement is in the overall ride and quietness. The previous model was quite noisy and you felt every imperfection in the road. This model is as quiet as a luxury sedan and goes over bumps very smoothly. Also, the previous model exhibited serious understeer when accelerating. This one does not, probably due to the AWD. So far, I'm getting better than advertised gas mileage.

(1) Smooth ride. (2) Quietness, no squeaks or rattles. (3) Good gauges, and controls. (4) Much improved navigation system with much bigger screen. (5) Much sharper and clearer backup camera. (6) Comfortable seats. (7) Improved quality of internal materials. (8) Improved external styling. (9) Lack of understeer due to AWD. (10) Very good gas mileage - getting 27 to 29 mpg on the highway.

I would have loved to get the Limited features available in a 7 seat vehicle. The panoramic sunroof, the improved stereo, the keyless start, and the power liftgate would all be great, but I needed the 7 seats and not 6. Ease of entry into the 3rd row could be a lot better. Third row seats sit too low to the ground. Blind spot monitor would be nice because of big blind spot of large D pillar.

Love my NEW Sport Santa Fe - 2.4L AWD
By vivivalencia

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really enjoy my New Santa Fe, this is my 3rd Hyundai. I owned a GT Elantra (manual) and I still have my 2005 Santa Fe GLS, at 126,000 plus miles it still runs great. I tested BMW,Subaru, Audi, Explorer, Toyota, and after testing the new Santa Fe, I opted for another one. I chose Pearl white, first time with a bright color, my 2005 is black. Love to drive it, everyone loves the interior and exterior. My only concern had been the reviews on steering, so I tested roads, city and highway driving. People need to understand its a new technology, electronic, and all modes are sensitive to roads and conditions, and each wheel is sensitive to dry, wet, rocky pavement. Love it, I feel secure!

Navigation, heated seats front and back! Maneuvering in the city or highway. I have had it almost 2 weeks now, took it on a road trip to MA and NH! Looks! Can't beat the warranty! Glad I chose it over many others, although was willing to get something different, I didn't bcz I don't trust any other. Love the new style~ you get so much for the money. Was able to get a good deal and $750 loyalty rebate.

Passenger seat does not raise or lower like the driver seat. Still haven't be enable to figure out day lights. I have all the bells and whistles, it would be nice to have an automatic tailgate lift. Lost the window opening tailgate, loved having it on my 2005....things insignificant to live with.