2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Overall a good small/midsize SUV
By kwacha on 02/18/13 18:35 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's really my wife's SUV although I've driven it more than she has on three trips. The first trip was 1200 miles and the second was over 1400 miles with a shorter trip of 800. The Santa Fe Sport is very tight and its snow white appearance/color makes it very attractive with it’s the beautiful 17 in. mag style wheels. Also, it’s really not that small and the exterior and interior are both well designed. The Nav is great except for the stupid step of having to agree to safety rules every single time you get in the vehicle. Like that is going to make you drive more safely or something. Also the Radio/Stereo is also very good. Interior coverings and amenities are of high quality.

Terrible Purchase
By leafsrule on 02/12/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 1100 km's and so far the two front seats needed to be repaired as they came lose and wobbled. But my biggest problem is the car has no heat in the rear vents. An issue for car owners in Canada! Took it to the dealership and they said it was a design issue and nothing they could do? So, I am stuck with a car that doesn't heat the back-half of the car. Actually it blows cold air, which makes it worse. The car looks great, but stay away from this one, looks are deceiving.

Great all around little SUV
By thaihorse1 on 02/06/13 21:17 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I only have 500 miles on the car but I did have a scary steering problem with an easy fix. Driving on the freeway I was also experiencing wandering and went to the dealership to return the car. While at the dealership I by chance checked the tire pressure, all tires were at 45psi, we let the air out of each tire to 35psi and she's been driving like a dream. I filled up yesterday and parked at home with a 22.3 mpg computer reading. I went skiing this morning 1st going for coffee and then up a Canyon to a ski resort. After a most excellent day of skiing returned home with a computer reading of 23.9mpg!

Fun car, great turbo power, lots of features.
By djg77 on 01/30/13 08:27 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This isn't a review about mechanical issues since it's too new to tell. I've had my new Santa Fe 2.0T (FWD, base package, no frills) for a couple of weeks now. I love it. It is a comfortable, quiet, fun car to drive. The 270+ hp turbo engine has no problem pushing up the steep inclines of the Texas hill country. It doesn't even blink. You'll take a bit of a hit on gas mileage over the non-turbo model, but it's worth it. The non-turbos are just sluggish. The interior is very comfortable, has great looking trim, and the standard options on the base package are impressive. Heat seaters, power everything, bluetooth, all of the things you want.

Very nice ride
By mark613 on 01/17/13 17:21 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the base model and this thing has everything I need. This is the first Hyundai I ever drove or owned and I am very impressed and pleased thus far. The dash is nicely laid out and has all the features you really need. The defroster works extremely well and the blue tooth was easy to set up. I'm averaging 27.1 mpg. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Excellent Utility Vehicle
By johansen on 01/10/13 21:49 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased the 2013 Sport (5 seater) with the 2.0 turbo, front wheel drive, with the popular and premium packages. The popular package is pretty much standard on all models and the premium adds saddle interior with leather, rear camera, heated front/rear seats, power front seats, etc. Really didn't want to spend the extra 2 grand or so on the premium option but in the end, we decided the package was worth the money. Plenty of interior room, initially my wife was worried it was too large, but after driving it, she realized it didn't feel as large as it appeared. The ride is very solid and comfortable, the turbo gives plenty of oomph, interior is gorgeous, and the quality is excellent.

2013 Santa Fe Steering is scary on straigh highway
By njuneer on 01/09/13 19:49 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have 256 miles on one week old 2013 Santa Fe Sport -non turbo. Great car, great style, good warranty..... however power steering is scary on straight highway.... it constantly requires correction to keep it on the road. Should have read up on this one before purchase. Dealer says all is OK....alignment, tire pressure, steering system. Was told to just get used to it....not happy at all....will be taking it to the next level soon. Recommend a 30 mile highway test drive before purchase.....

Second Hyundai (first was 1986)
By aaidi on 01/03/13 19:51 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I come from a family very loyal to Toyotas and Hondas, but even I have to agree that today the South Koreans easily win on styling and features, and are barely a notch below the two Japanese heavyweights in terms of reliability. I purchased my Santa Fe 2.0T FWD about a month ago after extensive research. Very pleased with the purchase overall. Can't beat the value and it is true that this thing looks, feels, and drives like a European car. No surprise -- the chief design engineer was hired away from BMW and formerly designed the X5. I do mostly city driving on it and still have my second car, but so far so good. Gas mileage at 20mpg is terrible considering I don't drive aggressively.

first Hyundai
By justjoe13 on 12/25/12 15:16 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car,fun to drive. Gas gauge is notoriously inaccurate

2.0T AWD
By donnie71281 on 12/24/12 15:43 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am extremely happy with this CUV. The AWD works very well and has already proved itself in the snow. Previous car was a 2011 Optima Turbo, so I am very well acquainted with the 2.0T. Even with 10hp less and weighing several hundred pounds more the Santa Fe feels nimble and has plenty of power. The highway Mpg is less than my optima was, but I am getting roughly the same in city. Still fill-up every two weeks as I did before and we live in WV. My better half has the 2.4 with AWD and loves it too. The only thing I miss are the blinkers on the mirrors, but I wasn't adding another package just for that.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe in VA is:

$129 per month*