2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews 5

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
nice interior, poor mileage
By wkottas on 04/24/13 09:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After looking at several different SUVs, we decided upon the Sante Fe. You will be challenged to find a different SUV with the options provided on the Sante Fe. The passengers in the back also have heated seats that they control; very nice. The steering is crazy sensitive, and the mpg is no where close to the advertised or what is displayed on the dash; do the math! (#miles / #gal put in). Overall, disappointed Hyundai STILL having mileage issues. I commute weekly (120 miles round trip). The average mpg shown on the dash is always higher than the actual by 3-5mpg! Been to shop multiple times and dealer agrees there is a problem. overall, I average 22mpg

Love this vehicle
By alex170 on 04/22/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

First cross over I've ever owned always had SUVs. So far I love it, very classy,comfortable, snappy! I hope it is everything I am expecting.

Love our Santa Fe Sports
By donnie71281 on 04/21/13 13:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased 2 SFS in November. Mine is the 2.0T and the other is the 2.4. Both are exceptional CUV's. The AWD has been wonderful in the snow too. The 2.4 get 22 in the city and the 2.0T has been getting 21. Highway for the 2.0T averages stays between 26-28. For an AWD CUV I am happy with the MPG. I've had experience with the 2.0T in my 2011 Optima. Though the HP is less in the SFS I am more than pleased with the power. The only issues we have had is trying to decide which one to take!! Absolutely love the purchases we made.

Issues with Santa Fe 2013
By fbarrado on 04/07/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our Santa Fe 2013 in Canada mid Sept 2012. We have experienced many issues after 6 months and 14,000 km (8,700 miles): 1) warning of fuel cap open (fixed after 2 visits) 2) noise on steering column could hear it when stopping the car, part ordered and changed problem solved 3) leather steering wheel cracked, changed warranty, 2 complaints) 4) driver seat was loose, it seems to be a widespread problem (fixed 3 months) 5) Recall of rear camera:risk of fire, fixed 6) Mix mileage is poor, best achieved was 8-10 km/l, not solved (Hyundai Fuel program: card with CAD$42/6,000km a big joke) 7) Found today water leak on driver side below the dashboard. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR!

We love our 2013 SFS Limited
By miker204 on 04/07/13 00:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I picked up our Limited SFS a week and a bit ago and it has been fantastic. I have been reading reviews on here prior to purchasing the unit but after a few test drives we decided to trade in the Tucson and upgrade (and what an upgrade it is). So far we have put on about 650kms but so far so good. No issues with steering, no leaking (ran it through a few touchless car washes) and heat in the rear seems fine (my wife says its comfortable for her and our 1 year old). Knock on wood nothing to really complain about except that its missing a power lift gate!

We're happy with it so far....
By dan90638 on 04/01/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We put on about 1500 miles on it so far. Great interior and exterior design. It's very quiet, more so than the CRV and RAV4. It's very comfortable and smooth. There are blind spots, but if you pay attention and add a blind spot mirror (and actually turn your head to look like you're suppose to), then it's not that bad. MPG is 18-22, 27-31 in the highway, with a 24 avg, depending on the condition. Had to replace the gas tank due to a melted hose,w which caused the gas pump to shut off thinking it's full, but no problem since. Overall, we're happy and satisfied with the car, but the long term eval is still to be determined.

Fuel Gauge, Estimated Range, and MPG
By djg77 on 03/27/13 07:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently hit 3,200 miles on my 2.0T with front wheel drive. I've noticed some strange issues with the fuel gauge, and after some research on various message boards, the issue is very common. The dash display of the Santa Fes includes digital readouts that show you your average MPG on your current tank of gas , your estimated range (how far you can travel until you need more gas), and a bar composed of little "bricks" that shows you how much gas you have left. The bricks disappear as your gas tank empties. Until Hyundai fixes whatever is wrong with them, expect wildly inaccurate readings.

Problem with leak / wet passenger side floor
By brianh2013 on 03/25/13 07:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just purchased the 6 seat Santa Fe 2013 that arrived last week. We had looked at the sport but waited on the larger model. So far we are pleased with the car, the appearance and technology are great. We have not had much time to road test it but have encountered a problem, the passenger side floor was wet after a day on road with the AC on, there was also a little water on the driver side. The dealer was closed and we are dropping it off today, no idea if this is related to the AC drain or evaporator yet. Not happy with the idea that much water was in the cab for at least a day, could cause rust and mold. I will post after we find out what happened

Great car WHEN IT RUNS
By sleepydiva on 03/14/13 07:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Brand New and runs with the reliability of a 1989. I have had at least 6 instances in which my new Santa Fe would not start. If it did it would stall immediately. (Its an automatic). In the last case it had to be towed and I am currently driving a rental (again). Clearly at this point... NOT RELIABLE.

Nice Car - steering a little tricky
By rtown1 on 03/11/13 10:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had the car for 2 weeks. The steering can be a little scary until you get used to it. Other than that it is a really nice car. Lots of pep, comfortable ride and 22.8 MPG.