2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Steering and Driving Disappointment
By lrwilsonjr on 08/12/13 13:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe (2.0 T AWD) in March of 2013. I haven’t owned a Hyundai since 1988 and assumed the brand had improved. While in comparison to the 1988 Excel I owed, quality has made leaps and bounds, but this vehicle still falls short. The steering is erratic no matter what steering mode is chosen. Due to this, control of the vehicle, especially at high speeds, is a challenge. On roads with bumps, the vehicle seems to jump when hitting one. If turning a corner and a bump is hit, hold on tight…you may lose control of the vehicle. This is a safety concern experienced by many other 2013 Santa Fe owners and to date Hyundai corporate hasn’t addressed the issue.

A $50K quality CUV for closer to 30K
By johnnywes on 08/11/13 08:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a Juniper Green with Beige AWD 2.0T at the end of July. Loaded with everything, save for remote start. This CUV replaces my old 07 SF LTD. This new version is sportier, better looking, tighter, and a lot more fun to drive. The interior is great, so much more comfortable than my 07. Everything is within reach and very easy to use. The Nav/Radio/Back up camera is really nice. The 12 speaker surround sound is concert hall quality. The 2.0 Turbo is a stout little workhorse that has plenty of zip. there's nothing i don't like about my new Santa Fe.

Wow
By froggers on 08/07/13 12:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased 2WD V6 with Navi and 3 rows of seats. Drove from LV to LA, 23.7mpg with ave speed of 67mph. Very comfortable, great vision and no real blind spots. You still need to turn your head and look! A/C worked great as temp in LV and desert 109F. Great power, no problems going up any of the grades and able to easily pass. Can't tell the difference between 70-90mph, so you have to pay attention. Takes a while to learn the Navi system and it's not as good as the Honda Crosstour to learn or use (few more steps and a more difficult menu system). Handles very car like and has a compliant (not mushy) suspension. Handles the Pasadena fwy curves easily at >60mph with some body lean

A LOT OF BANG FOR THE BUCK
By busdepot on 08/06/13 21:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a fully loaded Santa Fe Sport a few months ago and I am very pleased with my purchase.Not only does this vehicle have a very comfortable and quiet ride but it is also a lot of fun to drive,especially with the 2.0 turbo engine, it feels as quick as any 6 cylinder but with better mpg.Some owners have complained about the steering in the new Sport,I will say that it does have a different feel to it but nothing that you can't get use to after being behind the wheel for a short time,Hyundai like other car makers is now putting electric power steering in its vehicles so you will read this in other car reviews as well,but I will say that it can turn on a dime,and great for making U-turns.

Excellent upgrade over previous model
By twhouston on 08/06/13 16:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2010 Santa Fe Limited FWD which was fully loaded for the 2013 GLS AWD. The car is a serious upgrade in every way. The external styling is much improved. The internal styling is also lovely, with much improved materials, backup camera and navigation system. The biggest improvement is in the overall ride and quietness. The previous model was quite noisy and you felt every imperfection in the road. This model is as quiet as a luxury sedan and goes over bumps very smoothly. Also, the previous model exhibited serious understeer when accelerating. This one does not, probably due to the AWD. So far, I'm getting better than advertised gas mileage.

Love my NEW Sport Santa Fe - 2.4L AWD
By vivivalencia on 08/04/13 08:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really enjoy my New Santa Fe, this is my 3rd Hyundai. I owned a GT Elantra (manual) and I still have my 2005 Santa Fe GLS, at 126,000 plus miles it still runs great. I tested BMW,Subaru, Audi, Explorer, Toyota, and after testing the new Santa Fe, I opted for another one. I chose Pearl white, first time with a bright color, my 2005 is black. Love to drive it, everyone loves the interior and exterior. My only concern had been the reviews on steering, so I tested roads, city and highway driving. People need to understand its a new technology, electronic, and all modes are sensitive to roads and conditions, and each wheel is sensitive to dry, wet, rocky pavement. Love it, I feel secure!

Waited a year to be Disappointed
By turniptop on 07/30/13 19:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2002 GLS (that I purchased new and absolutely loved) for this new 7 passenger model. Although the interior and exterior are great there are a fewl things I'm not sure i can live with. 1. The gas petal is mounted from the bottom not the top as in a normal car and I have yet to find a comfortable position. I think it will be impossible not to use the cruise control on a long trip. 2. Steering is terrible and floats all over the road (doesn't matter what mode). Just doesn't feel tight. 3. The drivers seat adjustment does not allow the bottom of the seat to be raised in the back. 4. The passenger seat cannot be raised and it feels like you are sitting in a hole.

New Santa Fe huge improvement over previous model
By twhouston on 07/29/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2010 Santa Fe Limited for a 2013 GLS with AWD. I would have like to have gone for the Limited but I wanted 7 seats, and not 6. So far, I have to say that for the most part, the vehicle is much improved. The exterior is much more handsome, although you lose a little rear visibility. The interior is vastly improved, with much more comfortable seats, higher material quality, and hugely improved instrumentation and controls. Most noticeable is the improved quietness of the car, and the vastly improved ride quality. In the older version, you would feel a big jolt over minor potholes. The new one adsorbs the impact so that they are barely perceptible.

Surprising in every way...
By entheo on 07/29/13 04:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

let me start by saying that i've previously owned four straight Audis, the last of which felt pretty boring to me, so it was time for a change. after test driving numerous vehicles (including BMW, Porsche) i took a spin in the sante fe 2.0T AWD, and was frankly shocked at how nice it was. i've purchased one and i couldn't be happier -- it's quiet, refined, peppy, smooth, handles well and is actually fun to drive. very nice set of features, and of course an outstanding warranty. and all this for half (or more) of what i would have paid for a German counterpart. unless you feel obligated to impress your neighbors with an expensive nameplate you owe it to yourself to take one for a test drive.

Low beam
By pierrot2 on 07/28/13 06:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had our Santa Fe for a month now, so far so good. Steering takes a little getting used to. But I find the that on low beams, the lights make a line that is very anoying when driving on the highway. As anyone noticed this problem, if so how can it be fixed. The vehicle is brand new to us, never driven a Hyundai before always GM's which were very good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*