Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Big Bang for the Buck..Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
By Jay savage

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Big Bang for the Dollar. I will buy Hyundai Again. Great Vehicle

Get the turbo
By Joe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My next Santa Fe will have the turbo charger. The 4 cylinder is ok but I like that extra boost. I have had no trouble getting on the highway but I would like the extra power. We love our Santa Fe and will get another one when our lease is up. I set the power steering to the tightest setting because the other 2 settings were too loose for me. Good value for the money although I would like to see Hyundai's hold their value better. They are good reliable cars, just as good has Honda or Nissan with a great warranty. I have had several models over the years with no major problems. Whatever did occur the dealer took care of very well. As always, it comes down to how the car feels to you when you sit in it. If you are not comfortable no car is worth it.

Worst purchase I have ever made!
By Anonymous

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Santa Fe Sport 2.0t AWD new in January of 2013, replacing my Hyundai Veracruz that was a bucket list of problems. Starting out the car was great, ran smooth, no noise, comfortable, etc. October 2015, it completely died, the entire engine had to be replaced, what started as a small ticking noise soon turned into what sounded like the engine about to blow out from under the hood. Dealership had the car approximately a month, when i got it back I had the vehicle 5 days before the Turbo went out and had to be replaced, another 2 weeks at the dealership, got the car back again for 7 days, and it died again, this time the dealership couldn't diagnose the problem, had a Hyundai engineer come in and they couldn't figure out the problem either, they somehow got the car running and gave it back to me. Sensor after sensor has failed on the car, the tail lights have all been replaced due to broken seals, fuel sensors replaced, door locks replaced, door handles replaced, all due to failures. I am currently waiting on a Glove Compartment replacement to come since that has recently failed too, and I just noticed today that when i use the front windshield washer that the rear wiper comes on and the front wipers come on while using the rear washer fluid. This car has turned into the biggest piece of junk imaginable. Service department always has an excuse. Avoid Hyundai at all costs.

Not a perfect Hundai but I would buy it again
By cecelia swainston

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had many close calls not being able to see cars and/or pedestrians because of the wide trim by the front windshield and side mirror. It is a hazardous obstacle.

Love to Steer
By Rob Buckman

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, we love this 6-passenger car that allow folding down of all the seats (except) front for some extreme cargo space. It drives and handles extremely well...when it lets you. We all make hundreds of minor steering adjustments every few minutes to correct for lane drift, bumps in the road, wind, etc. Occasionally, at speeds above 35mph, this car decides it wants to lock the steering wheel straight. Not so much that you can't turn it, but it takes extra effort. It gets exhausting over the course of a long trip...and is an obvious safety concern. The navigation system is not easily updated and it is expensive to do so.

Update July 2016. I now believe the steering issue was related to a fading battery. After replacing the battery two months ago, the steering issue has not returned. This may be plausible for Hyundai's electric steering. I'm increasing the safety rating from 3 to 4 stars. Other safety concerns are are large front-quarter blind spots and weak headlights. I'm increasing the overall rating from 4 to 5 stars because all the other places where I didn't give 5 stars are acceptable.