Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Great Vehicle until....
By ricknuvo

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe almost 2 months ago. I love all the features that come with the technology package, however I must say I'm a little disappointed. After having the car for 2 months, Hyundai advised me that my radio went out. Are you kidding me? The car is only a year old. So I've gone a few days without a radio, until it can be ordered. Thankful for the warranty, but I worry what will happen after the warranty end. Other than that, the car has seemed to run good.

I love the panoramic sunroof, 8" Nav system, heated seats/steering wheel & the drive comfort!

Would love to see power folding windows, LED daytime running lights, & a power lift gate.

Maybe I got a lemon
By jsb71

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It was a great car, until it hit 2 years old, and 30,000 KM (~18,000 miles). A piston broke in the engine, and the engine completely failed. What is worse, is the Warranty department balked on replacing the engine as per the service managers request. Eventually they agreed to a short block replacement and a few peripherals. Even that took nearly 2 weeks for approval, and I have little confidence this will be a long term fix. No rental car offered, and no explanation or apology. Still waiting for car to be fixed, as parts have to be shipped in. Not impressed. It is my second Hyundai, and now my last.

Seriously, only the window screens in the back, heated steering wheel and cooling front seats are unique to this car - otherwise, all features can be found in competitors SUV/CUV's

Get a more understanding warranty department, and serve your customers well!

Great car, few problems with noise and leather
By susan72065

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this version in August of 2013. The dealer had put almost 500 miles on it when I bought it. No problems until it rained hard. There is a loud rain noise near the rear on the driver's side. Dealer says they can't figure it out, although it persists. A similar noise has started when the wind is blowing hard. About two months ago I noted that the leather on the driver's side seat is wearing thin on the edge. Don't know if this is unique to the saddle leather or not. Awaiting dealer comments. Rides well, otherwise very quiet, good pick up, great sound system with the upgrade and navigation. Navigation maps are already out of date for where I live and it costs $250 to upgrade.

Comfort Heated seats in front and middle Temperature control for rear seats Bluetooth for both phone and music.

Passenger seat should raise up like the driver's side Fix the rain/wind noise

Still in love 2 years later
By linlin016

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe Sport in August of 2012. I was the second person in Kentucky to own this model. Anyway, I've hard my Santa Fe for nearly two years now and I still love it! I have taken my car to Florida on three trips (1400 miles round trip), I do a lot of driving in town, and take weekend trips in it. I haven't had a single problem with my car and now have over 25,000 miles on the odometer. The interior still looks like new, the paint still looks new, and the cabin is extremely quiet, even at high rates of speed. If I had it to do over, I would definitely buy this Santa Fe Sport again.

Beautiful and sleek body-style, roomy and attractive interior that's well laid out, good gas mileage, great handling, smooth ride, quiet cabin, large 17" tires, and... my No. 1 favorite feature: Top safety rating!

The black, rubbery material along the arm rests show fingerprints very easily. I suggest a different material there that looks cleaner. I also suggest that the driver seat go back a few inches more for taller drivers. Lastly, I suggest that all Santa Fe models be sold with vinyl or leather covered seats. Mine are fabric and fabric soils and stains easily.

Absolute best bang for your buck!
By leesekay

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I literally test drove every mid-size SUV imaginable in my quest to buy my next vehicle. Coming from a Honda CR-V, I needed more interior space to cart around my large friends (All are well above 6ft tall) and my two large dogs, along with their crates. The Santa Fe was an option I was unwilling to consider, until I drove one. The ride is beautiful, and comfort mode steering helps tremendously. My small frame is a bit overwhelmed by the large seats, but the power seats and lumbar support make it more than comfortable. The options I have: heated steering wheel, front and rear seats, back up cam, navigation, Bluelink and leather seats for less money than a mid range Honda. #hyundaifamily

Heated Steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, comfort mode driving (great for smaller people), LARGE screen backup cam (mine is 8"), Leather, Bluelink (google this- its incredible!), Navigation, garage door openers, Lumbar support, Flat folding rear seats, Cup storage in doors, HD radio, 18" wheels.

Factory windshield wipers are a bit flimsy for such a large windshield, I will be replacing with nicer ones shortly. My Mileage is not great so far, but I typically drive less than 2 miles in the city at a time, so it is to be expected. 3 days in I am averaging 15 MPG.