2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Tough decision but the right one.
By dwaggard on 11/03/12 16:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 2 months of research and driving a lot of CUV's we were getting very discouraged with what we were finding. CX5 was way too slow (especially after owning a Mazda 3 for 5 years. Ford Escape was nice but doesn't seem to get as good of MPG as EPA states and was very cramped in cockpit. CRV was comfy but seemed cheap on the inside & sounded like it was straining & had a lot of tire noise. Sorento had worst ride I've ever experienced (after everyone commenting on this, you'd think they would fix that) 09 Lexus RX350 was our first choice, it was awesome but was $1,500.00 more than the new Sante Fe and had 38k miles & would only give us another 62,000 miles of warranty being "Certified".

My 2013 Santa Fe Sport, FWD w/leather
By pete3478 on 10/01/12 09:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned a new 2013 Santa Fe Sport for one month now. We have traveled from Chicago to Mackinac down thru Wisconsin and a week later from Chicago to Branson, Memphis, Nashville, Gatlinburg and back. Approx. 3000miles all together. On the low side we got 22.5 mpg to 28 mpg on the high side. This was done in moderately hilly terrain and a tight new engine. My wife loves it. The standard 4 cyl engine has good pep and 6 speed transmission works well. A VERY quiet ride for a SUV. Leather seats are comfortable with good adjustments. Handles and brakes with good feel. While the steering is on the light side with not a lot of feel, I personally wouldn't call it dangerous.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
By yooperbill on 08/28/12 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I very much like everything about the car except the steering.

Dangerous Steering
By snehila on 09/02/12 04:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle a week ago and have to advise you to not purchase until Hyundai has a solution to the steering problem. The car doesn't track straight at all, darting left and then right requiring constant and exhausting corrections to the wheel. The wheel doesn't center itself. To explain what I mean, while going around a curve if you remove your hands from the wheel, the car continues to go around the curve. It never makes any movement to center the wheel and track straight. At highway speeds I have never felt less in control. Even with two hands on the wheel driving for more than 15 minutes is a frightening and tiring experience.

My new 2013 Santa Fe is a lemon
By naenae1 on 12/09/13 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The new Santa Fe 7 passenger was everything and more. We loved the vehicle that we purchased in April. It provided a great car and towing capacity which suited our families needs. I was in heaven until Nov. with less than 6000 miles. I am currently in discussions with Hyundai and the BBB since the car is considered a lemon. End of Oct my vehicles fuel injector went out. It has been in the shop for over 30 days because it had to brought in another 2 more times for seals on the fuel injection system that failed. Currently there is no repair date because the parts need to come from Korea and are on back order for a new rail for the fuel injection system. The car is not drivable now.

Excellent Utility Vehicle
By johansen on 01/10/13 21:49 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased the 2013 Sport (5 seater) with the 2.0 turbo, front wheel drive, with the popular and premium packages. The popular package is pretty much standard on all models and the premium adds saddle interior with leather, rear camera, heated front/rear seats, power front seats, etc. Really didn't want to spend the extra 2 grand or so on the premium option but in the end, we decided the package was worth the money. Plenty of interior room, initially my wife was worried it was too large, but after driving it, she realized it didn't feel as large as it appeared. The ride is very solid and comfortable, the turbo gives plenty of oomph, interior is gorgeous, and the quality is excellent.

Bad to the Bone
By backtoblack1 on 12/08/12 18:31 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the 2.0T after an extensive search and reading reviews. Test drove the 2013 Equinox, Grand Cherokee, Highlander, RDX, Pathfinder, and Edge and Escape. All were good vehicles but the 2.0T was the most impressive - size, space, speed, gas mileage, amenities, looks and at a decent price. Out the box the 2.0T is an excellent redesign. I am getting about 24 mpg combined after about 700 miles but my goal is to get closer to or exceed the EPA estimated 27 mpg by playing more with the ECO setting. Took a road trip of about 500 miles last weekend and the 2.0T never struggled (no whining at all) when going up hills or passing vehicles going up hills at 75 -80 mphÂ…I was thoroughly impressed.

Bang on....
By mike159 on 10/23/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 1st Hyundai and Suv. The ride is much better than I expected and have not had any problems with the blind spot, it's just a matter of paying attention on the road. Engine repsonse is going to take awhile to get used to since coming from an Accord. Not a fan yet of the eco drive, seems to shift out way too soon. Interior quality is beyond expected and more sporty,rugged than the 2012 model. Love the leather, love it. I can already see the matte finish on the dash and door panels is going to show grease from fingers, I keep a mico towel handy. With 1,100 miles, so far I'm pleased with the purchase, and I'm a tuff customer to please.

Thought it'd get great fuel economy
By ryoung11 on 11/19/12 15:44 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Don't believe even the revised fuel economy numbers that Hyundai says the 2013 Santa Fe can get. I bought my Santa Fe assuming I would get very near the (at the time) advertised 33MPG highway, god I was wrong. I have owned the vehicle for 1 month today, it is currently in the shop to find out why my mileage is soo terrible (21 MPG) mixed use. Mind you I drive the car very economically to get better mileage. NOW Hyundai says OOPS we goofed, we lied about the numbers, turns out your car is a gas guzzler, here is a $65 visa gift card for your trouble. HA! $65, thanks but no thanks! Also, the dealer checked under the when I got there the car was almost out of coolant after 1100 miles.

Love it so far
By bff1 on 10/11/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only driven my Santa Fe sport for 2 weeks (500 miles) so far, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase and cannot speak for things like reliability. I love it so far. It's very quiet to drive, and the steering wheel gadgets are awesome - bluetooth, radio controls, etc. The styling is great, and the hidden compartments below the rear floor are bigger than any other privacy space in this vehicle class. Power is good. There are a couple of odd shift points, but not issues going up hill or getting on the highway. The proximity key is nice. The whole family thought this was the most comfortable in this class, and also the quietest.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*