Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Don't buy one!
By Mike Lamberton

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I feel I'm stuck with a defect of a car and an even worse dealership that does not call, confirm or even care. Radio went out, backpack up camera went out. Engine noise (knocking sound) continues even after they said they fixed it! Everyone from service advisor to service manager just doesn't seem to care, in fact they talk to me like I am a bother more than anything else. Called to reschedule another visit after the knocking sound obviously wasn't fixed, they lied about having a loaner available, in fact the guy that took my call did t even care to pass my message along! Estimated mileage is an absolute lie, had to manually raise the headlights, because they come adjusted so low.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai care, better engineering, horrible steering, better quality management, better dealership/customer interactions.

Terrible headlights
By Charles Skip Ferguson

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Everything is except the head lights

Favorite Features

Nothing special.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights, they throw a puddle of illumination in front of the nose that extends only 15 to 20 feet, I'd say. I have to use the high beams to see road signs and on a dark roads they are not much better than the low beams. They're bad. The dealer said there isn't anything wrong with them. I leave the high beams all the time and have never had another car ask me to lower them. Last Hyundai for me.

Our was a Lemon, Manufacturer didn't care
By jsb71

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The problems with our 2013 Santa Fe Limited (2.0L AWD) began last July when the engine died (rattling noise in cylinders). Shop foreman requested full engine block replacement, but Manufacturing Company only approved short block. Car was returned 30 days later (no rental given) and continued to have problems. 5 months later, we are back at the shop, having the engine replaced again. Dealership is working with us on a replacement vehicle deal, for which we are thankful, but the Manufacturer has shown no compassion. We will be going to court to reclaim lost time with the car over payments and insurance costs.

Favorite Features

Overall, we like the car, despite our engine troubles.

Suggested Improvements

Much needs to be done with the customer service at the manufacturing level. No car company is immune to lemons, but it is how the company deals with these problems that makes the difference. Hyundai Canada cares about their profits, not their customers.

Nice at first-now the worst purchase ever
By cofun74

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Santa Fe in April of 2013. I put a lot of miles on my vehicle with highway travel back and forth to work and driving my child to her activities. Currently my vehicle has 40,000 in October of 2014. I really enjoyed the vehicle at first, until the funny clunking sound started in the front end while starting off from a complete stop. After my Hyundai ceritifed service department at Bob Brady Dodge proceded to tell me nothing was wrong with my vehicle and that they had driven it 10 miles, although the odometer had the same mileage as when it was dropped off. When the service guy rode with me he did confirm it didn't sound right, although they convinced me it was just the AWD.

Great Vehicle until....
By ricknuvo

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe almost 2 months ago. I love all the features that come with the technology package, however I must say I'm a little disappointed. After having the car for 2 months, Hyundai advised me that my radio went out. Are you kidding me? The car is only a year old. So I've gone a few days without a radio, until it can be ordered. Thankful for the warranty, but I worry what will happen after the warranty end. Other than that, the car has seemed to run good.

Favorite Features

I love the panoramic sunroof, 8" Nav system, heated seats/steering wheel & the drive comfort!

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see power folding windows, LED daytime running lights, & a power lift gate.