Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Don't Want to Trade It...Even though it's time!
By Traveler Mom

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned Ford, Chevy, and Dodge SUVs and currently also have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. This is the best purchase we ever made in the "family" SUV lineups. Being the "first to own" a model can be a risky endeavor, but we fell in love with the ride, features and convenience and we made the right choice. Now with 50,000 miles, we've put no money into our Santa Fe Limited other than routine maintenance. An early problem with the A/C was quickly taken care of under warranty. We've driven this baby on many 1,000 mile trips with comfort that exceeds anything we've previously owned. Great highway mileage (we average 26mpg), pickup, handling and convenience. My biggest complaint is the style of the door cup holders, if that tells you anything! We specifically bought the Limited, which gives you the flexibility of having the panoramic sunroof AND roof rails... And chose the reclining/bucket-seated second row (captain;s chairs). To date we've never needed to use the roof rack, because the cargo capacity has met our needs for everything we've thrown at it. We regularly transport two band members, 2 Large PA Speakers, Pole Bag, Rack Case, Looper, Pedal board, Gig bag and 3 guitar cases with room to spare. With the guitars and one band member in another rig we can also add a Marshal Stack. The split bucket in the second row gives us great flexibility for 2x4s and long cargo needs. I especially appreciate not having my SUV in the shop all the time, which was not my experience with the other SUVs we've owned. Can't recommend this SUV enough to an active, expanding family. Great SUV.

Big Bang for the Buck..Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
By Jay savage

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Big Bang for the Dollar. I will buy Hyundai Again. Great Vehicle

Get the turbo
By Joe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My next Santa Fe will have the turbo charger. The 4 cylinder is ok but I like that extra boost. I have had no trouble getting on the highway but I would like the extra power. We love our Santa Fe and will get another one when our lease is up. I set the power steering to the tightest setting because the other 2 settings were too loose for me. Good value for the money although I would like to see Hyundai's hold their value better. They are good reliable cars, just as good has Honda or Nissan with a great warranty. I have had several models over the years with no major problems. Whatever did occur the dealer took care of very well. As always, it comes down to how the car feels to you when you sit in it. If you are not comfortable no car is worth it.

Worst purchase I have ever made!
By Anonymous

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Santa Fe Sport 2.0t AWD new in January of 2013, replacing my Hyundai Veracruz that was a bucket list of problems. Starting out the car was great, ran smooth, no noise, comfortable, etc. October 2015, it completely died, the entire engine had to be replaced, what started as a small ticking noise soon turned into what sounded like the engine about to blow out from under the hood. Dealership had the car approximately a month, when i got it back I had the vehicle 5 days before the Turbo went out and had to be replaced, another 2 weeks at the dealership, got the car back again for 7 days, and it died again, this time the dealership couldn't diagnose the problem, had a Hyundai engineer come in and they couldn't figure out the problem either, they somehow got the car running and gave it back to me. Sensor after sensor has failed on the car, the tail lights have all been replaced due to broken seals, fuel sensors replaced, door locks replaced, door handles replaced, all due to failures. I am currently waiting on a Glove Compartment replacement to come since that has recently failed too, and I just noticed today that when i use the front windshield washer that the rear wiper comes on and the front wipers come on while using the rear washer fluid. This car has turned into the biggest piece of junk imaginable. Service department always has an excuse. Avoid Hyundai at all costs.

Not a perfect Hundai but I would buy it again
By cecelia swainston

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had many close calls not being able to see cars and/or pedestrians because of the wide trim by the front windshield and side mirror. It is a hazardous obstacle.