2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Great Vehicle until....
By ricknuvo on 09/02/14 16:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe almost 2 months ago. I love all the features that come with the technology package, however I must say I'm a little disappointed. After having the car for 2 months, Hyundai advised me that my radio went out. Are you kidding me? The car is only a year old. So I've gone a few days without a radio, until it can be ordered. Thankful for the warranty, but I worry what will happen after the warranty end. Other than that, the car has seemed to run good.

Maybe I got a lemon
By jsb71 on 08/12/14 15:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It was a great car, until it hit 2 years old, and 30,000 KM (~18,000 miles). A piston broke in the engine, and the engine completely failed. What is worse, is the Warranty department balked on replacing the engine as per the service managers request. Eventually they agreed to a short block replacement and a few peripherals. Even that took nearly 2 weeks for approval, and I have little confidence this will be a long term fix. No rental car offered, and no explanation or apology. Still waiting for car to be fixed, as parts have to be shipped in. Not impressed. It is my second Hyundai, and now my last.

Great car, few problems with noise and leather
By susan72065 on 07/10/14 14:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this version in August of 2013. The dealer had put almost 500 miles on it when I bought it. No problems until it rained hard. There is a loud rain noise near the rear on the driver's side. Dealer says they can't figure it out, although it persists. A similar noise has started when the wind is blowing hard. About two months ago I noted that the leather on the driver's side seat is wearing thin on the edge. Don't know if this is unique to the saddle leather or not. Awaiting dealer comments. Rides well, otherwise very quiet, good pick up, great sound system with the upgrade and navigation. Navigation maps are already out of date for where I live and it costs $250 to upgrade.

Still in love 2 years later
By linlin016 on 06/24/14 11:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe Sport in August of 2012. I was the second person in Kentucky to own this model. Anyway, I've hard my Santa Fe for nearly two years now and I still love it! I have taken my car to Florida on three trips (1400 miles round trip), I do a lot of driving in town, and take weekend trips in it. I haven't had a single problem with my car and now have over 25,000 miles on the odometer. The interior still looks like new, the paint still looks new, and the cabin is extremely quiet, even at high rates of speed. If I had it to do over, I would definitely buy this Santa Fe Sport again.

Absolute best bang for your buck!
By leesekay on 03/16/14 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I literally test drove every mid-size SUV imaginable in my quest to buy my next vehicle. Coming from a Honda CR-V, I needed more interior space to cart around my large friends (All are well above 6ft tall) and my two large dogs, along with their crates. The Santa Fe was an option I was unwilling to consider, until I drove one. The ride is beautiful, and comfort mode steering helps tremendously. My small frame is a bit overwhelmed by the large seats, but the power seats and lumbar support make it more than comfortable. The options I have: heated steering wheel, front and rear seats, back up cam, navigation, Bluelink and leather seats for less money than a mid range Honda. #hyundaifamily

engine knock and random codes
By bigal78 on 02/09/14 11:54 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2013 in January 2014. One week later heard knocking in the engine, took it to dealer was told that the GDI engines make this noise, normal. 2 weeks later took it back as knocking is not normal and there has been numerous reported engine failures with same noise, vehicle throws random emission codes which there is a tsb for but not all dealers know this so I have to put up with a defective SF. I loved it at first but that ended within 3 weeks. I think the 6 cylinders are more reliable than the 4's.

My new 2013 Santa Fe is a lemon
By naenae1 on 12/09/13 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The new Santa Fe 7 passenger was everything and more. We loved the vehicle that we purchased in April. It provided a great car and towing capacity which suited our families needs. I was in heaven until Nov. with less than 6000 miles. I am currently in discussions with Hyundai and the BBB since the car is considered a lemon. End of Oct my vehicles fuel injector went out. It has been in the shop for over 30 days because it had to brought in another 2 more times for seals on the fuel injection system that failed. Currently there is no repair date because the parts need to come from Korea and are on back order for a new rail for the fuel injection system. The car is not drivable now.

2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
By rmcbain on 12/06/13 17:16 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD is a good all round suv and does attain a fair gas mileage if driven below 70 with the econo engaged. I have one concern regarding the engine as it has happened several times where it feels like the engine has stalled and when you try to engage the gas pedal the engine does not respond. It is quite disconcerting when you are trying to cross traffic when making left hand turns and there is no acceleration. If you wait one or two seconds or feather the gas it will seem to engage the fuel system and you are good to go. It has also done this on the interstates when you are drivng without cruise and the gas pedal just goes dead.

It is All That
By 2x10 on 11/03/13 08:36 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was drawn by the new design, & stopped by dealership for test drive! Wow, my wife and I love this vehicle! Great power from the turbo, the features and extras make us not want to get out! I had the chance to drive on a very windy day on a major highway @ 70mph. 18 wheelers swaying, leaves blowing, but the Santa Fe was smooth and stable. Handles nice, braking is smooth, not spongy, and cockpit is stylish, and not cheap looking. Leather heated seats w/ 3 temps, Bluetooth & bluelink awesome, cup holder in nice position, an eyeglass compartment that actually holds my sunglasses - big plus! Gas mileage on Eco, I was able to hit 26. Nothing but love for this ride

Love my new Santa Fe!
By rayray22 on 10/31/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Shopped 6 months before deciding on the Santa Fe (LWB). Looked at the Flex, Traverse, Acadia, Pilot and Highlander, and dollar for dollar the Santa Fe could not be beat. I test drove it on two separate occasions and fell in love with it. Very compliant ride over our terrible city streets, the interior is nice and quiet and even in heavy traffic my son sleeps soundly in the back. Plenty of options and room for everyone and everything we need to haul around, plenty of power in the V6 and I'm getting 18.5 mpg city, which is the same as I got in my V6 Camry that I traded in. Very happy with my purchase thus far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*