Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Worse purchase ever!!!
By K. Harrelson

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased our Santa Fe Oct. 2013, within the year the cover around the front passenger seats popped off, the material around the window began to peel off, the front headlight has a second bulb underneath, it detached, there was also this rattling noise when accelerating, and the headrest on the drivers side seat was dis-colored. Was informed by Hyundai that we were past the 36,000 mile mark and the interior was not covered under warranty. We were basically ignored and treated as if we did the damage to the car. Next the starter needed replacing (also not covered under warranty) so we paid out of pocket for the repair. Less than six months the starter was acting up again. Took it back to the dealership they said the wire leading to the starter was the problem and that we must have ran over a branch and disconnected the wire. We had the brakes replaced x 2. Next the motor that controls the windshield wipers stopped working. I hate Hyundai!!!

Great to OWN Santa Fe
By Makarand Gogate

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't Want to Trade It...Even though it's time!
By Traveler Mom

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned Ford, Chevy, and Dodge SUVs and currently also have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. This is the best purchase we ever made in the "family" SUV lineups. Being the "first to own" a model can be a risky endeavor, but we fell in love with the ride, features and convenience and we made the right choice. Now with 50,000 miles, we've put no money into our Santa Fe Limited other than routine maintenance. An early problem with the A/C was quickly taken care of under warranty. We've driven this baby on many 1,000 mile trips with comfort that exceeds anything we've previously owned. Great highway mileage (we average 26mpg), pickup, handling and convenience. My biggest complaint is the style of the door cup holders, if that tells you anything! We specifically bought the Limited, which gives you the flexibility of having the panoramic sunroof AND roof rails... And chose the reclining/bucket-seated second row (captain;s chairs). To date we've never needed to use the roof rack, because the cargo capacity has met our needs for everything we've thrown at it. We regularly transport two band members, 2 Large PA Speakers, Pole Bag, Rack Case, Looper, Pedal board, Gig bag and 3 guitar cases with room to spare. With the guitars and one band member in another rig we can also add a Marshal Stack. The split bucket in the second row gives us great flexibility for 2x4s and long cargo needs. I especially appreciate not having my SUV in the shop all the time, which was not my experience with the other SUVs we've owned. Can't recommend this SUV enough to an active, expanding family. Great SUV.

Big Bang for the Buck..Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
By Jay savage

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Big Bang for the Dollar. I will buy Hyundai Again. Great Vehicle

Get the turbo
By Joe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My next Santa Fe will have the turbo charger. The 4 cylinder is ok but I like that extra boost. I have had no trouble getting on the highway but I would like the extra power. We love our Santa Fe and will get another one when our lease is up. I set the power steering to the tightest setting because the other 2 settings were too loose for me. Good value for the money although I would like to see Hyundai's hold their value better. They are good reliable cars, just as good has Honda or Nissan with a great warranty. I have had several models over the years with no major problems. Whatever did occur the dealer took care of very well. As always, it comes down to how the car feels to you when you sit in it. If you are not comfortable no car is worth it.