2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Absolute best bang for your buck!
By leesekay on 03/16/14 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I literally test drove every mid-size SUV imaginable in my quest to buy my next vehicle. Coming from a Honda CR-V, I needed more interior space to cart around my large friends (All are well above 6ft tall) and my two large dogs, along with their crates. The Santa Fe was an option I was unwilling to consider, until I drove one. The ride is beautiful, and comfort mode steering helps tremendously. My small frame is a bit overwhelmed by the large seats, but the power seats and lumbar support make it more than comfortable. The options I have: heated steering wheel, front and rear seats, back up cam, navigation, Bluelink and leather seats for less money than a mid range Honda. #hyundaifamily

engine knock and random codes
By bigal78 on 02/09/14 11:54 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2013 in January 2014. One week later heard knocking in the engine, took it to dealer was told that the GDI engines make this noise, normal. 2 weeks later took it back as knocking is not normal and there has been numerous reported engine failures with same noise, vehicle throws random emission codes which there is a tsb for but not all dealers know this so I have to put up with a defective SF. I loved it at first but that ended within 3 weeks. I think the 6 cylinders are more reliable than the 4's.

My new 2013 Santa Fe is a lemon
By naenae1 on 12/09/13 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The new Santa Fe 7 passenger was everything and more. We loved the vehicle that we purchased in April. It provided a great car and towing capacity which suited our families needs. I was in heaven until Nov. with less than 6000 miles. I am currently in discussions with Hyundai and the BBB since the car is considered a lemon. End of Oct my vehicles fuel injector went out. It has been in the shop for over 30 days because it had to brought in another 2 more times for seals on the fuel injection system that failed. Currently there is no repair date because the parts need to come from Korea and are on back order for a new rail for the fuel injection system. The car is not drivable now.

2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
By rmcbain on 12/06/13 17:16 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD is a good all round suv and does attain a fair gas mileage if driven below 70 with the econo engaged. I have one concern regarding the engine as it has happened several times where it feels like the engine has stalled and when you try to engage the gas pedal the engine does not respond. It is quite disconcerting when you are trying to cross traffic when making left hand turns and there is no acceleration. If you wait one or two seconds or feather the gas it will seem to engage the fuel system and you are good to go. It has also done this on the interstates when you are drivng without cruise and the gas pedal just goes dead.

It is All That
By 2x10 on 11/03/13 08:36 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was drawn by the new design, & stopped by dealership for test drive! Wow, my wife and I love this vehicle! Great power from the turbo, the features and extras make us not want to get out! I had the chance to drive on a very windy day on a major highway @ 70mph. 18 wheelers swaying, leaves blowing, but the Santa Fe was smooth and stable. Handles nice, braking is smooth, not spongy, and cockpit is stylish, and not cheap looking. Leather heated seats w/ 3 temps, Bluetooth & bluelink awesome, cup holder in nice position, an eyeglass compartment that actually holds my sunglasses - big plus! Gas mileage on Eco, I was able to hit 26. Nothing but love for this ride

Love my new Santa Fe!
By rayray22 on 10/31/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Shopped 6 months before deciding on the Santa Fe (LWB). Looked at the Flex, Traverse, Acadia, Pilot and Highlander, and dollar for dollar the Santa Fe could not be beat. I test drove it on two separate occasions and fell in love with it. Very compliant ride over our terrible city streets, the interior is nice and quiet and even in heavy traffic my son sleeps soundly in the back. Plenty of options and room for everyone and everything we need to haul around, plenty of power in the V6 and I'm getting 18.5 mpg city, which is the same as I got in my V6 Camry that I traded in. Very happy with my purchase thus far.

Santa Fe Sport is a Delight to Drive
By susie7007 on 10/29/13 19:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Santa Fe Sport is my first crossover vehicle and is a blast to drive. For the first time, I'm sitting up higher and I have greater road visibility. I test drove several other small SUVs, but the Sport had the smoothest ride and was the most comfortable.

So far so good
By rtown1 on 10/28/13 11:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Hyundai. After driving Fords for 30 years, this is definitely something different. The car has 10,000 miles on it, with 2,000 in the last week. It was driven both on interstates and in the mountains and the performance was good in both locations. The mileage could be better, averaged 27 on the road and 24 in town. The interior is comfortable and well thought out. With snow in the mountains the heated seats were a welcome addition. Overall a great car for two people with room for two more.

Satisfied so far
By cpc4 on 10/09/13 07:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 5000 miles since the Dec. 15th 2013 purchase and so far so good. I have had no steering issues at all that I keep reading about. I gave up my 2006 4runner 4.7l V8 with 95000 miles that I loved, to get better gas mileage and 22 city and 30 hwy is great out of this 2.4l . The only issue , so far is the loss of power for a split second or 2 that only happens at an idle when Im getting read to pull out in traffic or say make a left turn. You start to depress the throttle only to have nothing happen for that second or two,quite disturbing for that short moment.This has happened 4 times and the pattern seems to be only on 95+ degree days

Excellent until 5000 miles
By slveradoltz13 on 10/04/13 22:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the car in early 2013, we drive it weekly on the weekends. Loved it until last 2 months ago when we took a long trip in it. It started to surge on acceleration and sometimes fall on its face. Took to dealer and they were unable to reproduce. It gets worse the more we drive it. am now afraid to take a long trip in it. Have driven only a few times since back from dealer. Probably will trade soon as soon as I figure what to try next. Bought a Silverado 2013 this year also and love it, have 12000 miles on it with no issues.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe in WA is:

$141 per month*