2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Terrible headlights
By Charles Skip Ferguson on 03/25/15 08:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Everything is except the head lights

Our was a Lemon, Manufacturer didn't care
By jsb71 on 01/20/15 09:20 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The problems with our 2013 Santa Fe Limited (2.0L AWD) began last July when the engine died (rattling noise in cylinders). Shop foreman requested full engine block replacement, but Manufacturing Company only approved short block. Car was returned 30 days later (no rental given) and continued to have problems. 5 months later, we are back at the shop, having the engine replaced again. Dealership is working with us on a replacement vehicle deal, for which we are thankful, but the Manufacturer has shown no compassion. We will be going to court to reclaim lost time with the car over payments and insurance costs.

Nice at first-now the worst purchase ever
By cofun74 on 10/29/14 09:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Santa Fe in April of 2013. I put a lot of miles on my vehicle with highway travel back and forth to work and driving my child to her activities. Currently my vehicle has 40,000 in October of 2014. I really enjoyed the vehicle at first, until the funny clunking sound started in the front end while starting off from a complete stop. After my Hyundai ceritifed service department at Bob Brady Dodge proceded to tell me nothing was wrong with my vehicle and that they had driven it 10 miles, although the odometer had the same mileage as when it was dropped off. When the service guy rode with me he did confirm it didn't sound right, although they convinced me it was just the AWD.

Great Vehicle until....
By ricknuvo on 09/02/14 16:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe almost 2 months ago. I love all the features that come with the technology package, however I must say I'm a little disappointed. After having the car for 2 months, Hyundai advised me that my radio went out. Are you kidding me? The car is only a year old. So I've gone a few days without a radio, until it can be ordered. Thankful for the warranty, but I worry what will happen after the warranty end. Other than that, the car has seemed to run good.

Maybe I got a lemon
By jsb71 on 08/12/14 15:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It was a great car, until it hit 2 years old, and 30,000 KM (~18,000 miles). A piston broke in the engine, and the engine completely failed. What is worse, is the Warranty department balked on replacing the engine as per the service managers request. Eventually they agreed to a short block replacement and a few peripherals. Even that took nearly 2 weeks for approval, and I have little confidence this will be a long term fix. No rental car offered, and no explanation or apology. Still waiting for car to be fixed, as parts have to be shipped in. Not impressed. It is my second Hyundai, and now my last.

Great car, few problems with noise and leather
By susan72065 on 07/10/14 14:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this version in August of 2013. The dealer had put almost 500 miles on it when I bought it. No problems until it rained hard. There is a loud rain noise near the rear on the driver's side. Dealer says they can't figure it out, although it persists. A similar noise has started when the wind is blowing hard. About two months ago I noted that the leather on the driver's side seat is wearing thin on the edge. Don't know if this is unique to the saddle leather or not. Awaiting dealer comments. Rides well, otherwise very quiet, good pick up, great sound system with the upgrade and navigation. Navigation maps are already out of date for where I live and it costs $250 to upgrade.

Still in love 2 years later
By linlin016 on 06/24/14 11:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe Sport in August of 2012. I was the second person in Kentucky to own this model. Anyway, I've hard my Santa Fe for nearly two years now and I still love it! I have taken my car to Florida on three trips (1400 miles round trip), I do a lot of driving in town, and take weekend trips in it. I haven't had a single problem with my car and now have over 25,000 miles on the odometer. The interior still looks like new, the paint still looks new, and the cabin is extremely quiet, even at high rates of speed. If I had it to do over, I would definitely buy this Santa Fe Sport again.

Absolute best bang for your buck!
By leesekay on 03/16/14 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I literally test drove every mid-size SUV imaginable in my quest to buy my next vehicle. Coming from a Honda CR-V, I needed more interior space to cart around my large friends (All are well above 6ft tall) and my two large dogs, along with their crates. The Santa Fe was an option I was unwilling to consider, until I drove one. The ride is beautiful, and comfort mode steering helps tremendously. My small frame is a bit overwhelmed by the large seats, but the power seats and lumbar support make it more than comfortable. The options I have: heated steering wheel, front and rear seats, back up cam, navigation, Bluelink and leather seats for less money than a mid range Honda. #hyundaifamily

engine knock and random codes
By bigal78 on 02/09/14 11:54 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2013 in January 2014. One week later heard knocking in the engine, took it to dealer was told that the GDI engines make this noise, normal. 2 weeks later took it back as knocking is not normal and there has been numerous reported engine failures with same noise, vehicle throws random emission codes which there is a tsb for but not all dealers know this so I have to put up with a defective SF. I loved it at first but that ended within 3 weeks. I think the 6 cylinders are more reliable than the 4's.

My new 2013 Santa Fe is a lemon
By naenae1 on 12/09/13 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The new Santa Fe 7 passenger was everything and more. We loved the vehicle that we purchased in April. It provided a great car and towing capacity which suited our families needs. I was in heaven until Nov. with less than 6000 miles. I am currently in discussions with Hyundai and the BBB since the car is considered a lemon. End of Oct my vehicles fuel injector went out. It has been in the shop for over 30 days because it had to brought in another 2 more times for seals on the fuel injection system that failed. Currently there is no repair date because the parts need to come from Korea and are on back order for a new rail for the fuel injection system. The car is not drivable now.