2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: Gas Mileage

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Gas Mileage
By ccr717 on

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2012 Santa Fe two weeks ago. This is my fourth Santa Fe but this time I bought a 4 cylinder instead of a 6 thinking it would save a little more on gas mileage. Love everything about the vehicle but the gas mileage. I'm getting less with this one than my previous 2008 Santa Fe. I was told I would get a couple more miles per gallon but didn't expect to get less. It didn't benefit me like I thought it would to get the 4 cylinder. Wouldn't recommend a 4 cylinder over a 6 to anyone.
By coldrink
on 03/06/12 17:40 PM (PST)

I have had a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SE for about 6 months. It has the 6 cylinder engine. I have only taken one short trip in it and got about 24 mpg on the road. In town, it has been averaging between 18 to 20 mpg.

By bertal34
on 03/01/12 12:02 PM (PST)

How many MPG (city and highway) are you getting?

By kac32
on 05/08/12 20:10 PM (PDT)

I LOVE my Santa Fe, except for the gas mileage. I do mostly in town driving. I'm averaging 15-16mpg, which I think is pretty crappy. I've been babying the way I drive: slow to accelerate, decelerate, make sure tires are properly inflated, etc. My highway mpg averages about 23. From other responses, I'm hoping it will get better as the engine breaks in.

By mfischer87
on 05/03/12 16:15 PM (PDT)

Have you noticed any Sudden unintended acceleration issues with the 2012 model. I myself ordered one but it is not ready yet. See this link http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1f4e72?@841.bh5Va0g7tam@