Best Car for the Money!
By scot58 on
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I recently purchased a Santa Fe Limited AWD in Black Forest Green with the beige leather interior. It looks and runs like a dream. I considered the Toyota Highlander Limited and the Murano SL with leather, but those cars cost several thousand dollars more, get worse gas mileage, and the Santa Fe is their equal, if not better, in every way-- looks, ride, handling, etc. With the V6 it has excellent acceleration, and the electronics-- Bluetooth, satellite radio, HomeLink, etc. all work flawlessly. I have been waiting for something to rattle, break or go wrong, but the car is absolutely solid. I am very pleased with my purchase, and strongly recommend the Santa Fe.
Favorite Features
Acceleration, electronics, comfort, ride, AWD function.
Suggested Improvements
None yet. V6 gas mileage is right on at 26 highway, but closer to 18-19 in the city versus 20. As the engine breaks in, I imagine it will improve as most seem to do.
By mfischer87
on 05/03/12 16:13 PM (PDT)

Scot 58, Have you noticed any Sudden unintended acceleration issues with the 2012 model. I myself ordered one but it is not ready yet. See this link http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1f4e72?@841.bh5Va0g7tam@

By scot58
on 05/08/12 09:08 AM (PDT)

No unintended acceleration after a couple of months and 3,200 miles. BTW, city mileage has indeed settled in right about at at 20mpg now. I use the ECO light to help with mileage; if you have a heavy foot you will undoubtedly get worse mileage. Still love the car, still no defects. It isn't perfect, of course, but remains a great car for the money. I have seen the 2013, which looks nice although I am not a fan of the "creased" look Hyundai is adopting. I also prefer having a V-6 versus the turbo in the 2013, although the turbo gets better mileage.

By scot58
on 09/10/12 09:17 AM (PDT)

Still no unintended acceleration after 8900 miles. Nothing has broken, no rattles, everything working perfectly. Mileage still pretty much right on the EPA estimates of 20-26.

By scot58
on 06/05/13 11:13 AM (PDT)

Still no issues at 20,500 miles. Mileage still right on. I have taken it in twice for oil changes and tire rotation; I think they added a recommended fuel additive at one point. A few months ago an idiot fell asleep or something and zoomed over from the far right lane to the far left lane where my family and I were traveling. I swerved the wheel sharply left onto the shoulder to avoid him, then back. The car swerved violently and the guy missed us; then straightened right out (after a couple more small swerves of it's own) in about 2 seconds as we continued on our way. Thank you Hyundai, and whoever was looking out for us. We were on the highway going 70mph, and the 5 of us could have been killed.