Used 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

junk
By gradstudent28

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

as an engineer I can reassure you this vehicle is junk. flimsy build materials inside and out. thin plastic on the inside, thin metal pieces, and doors. 40k miles the vehicle has more rattles then my dead grandma, and the shocks seem to be worn out!! I would NOT reccomend this vehicle.

hyundai needs to actually try when it comes to building a vehicle. you can dress a [non-permissible content removed] up to make it look good, but underneath its still a piece! thin, cheap parts abound on these vehicles and low resale value.

Very satisfied with this SUV
By vlasi

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this suv new over two years ago.
We absolutely love it.
We have not had a single problem with it.
Other than the seats being a little hard for me I can't think of a single thing I would like to change.
Smooth riding, good acceleration and very good gas mileage.

Bought used, driven for 4 months/5000km
By splatapus

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought used, I have driven it for 4 months and 5000km now. Ride is a little rough, you can feel and hear some little bumps in the road. The fan and AC system sometimes has a mind of its own. It will turn on by itself after I turn it off. Although I'm starting to figure out how to get around it by adjusting the fan speed then hit OFF.
Driving on highway to merge and stepping on accelerator, sometimes there will be a dead spot on how far you push the accelerator. The car will hesitate or not accelerate as fast as you want to for 2 seconds, then accelerate normally.
It is roomy and comfortable inside. The center armrest between driver and passenger sometimes creaks.
Overall not a bad car.

Very roomy and comfortable. Plenty of cargo space. Exterior design is good. Engine layout on 2.4L is simple and looks easy to work on.

I bought the car knowing gas mileage for this SUV (or any SUV) is not good, so I cannot complain about something I expected. I'm getting 9.7L/100km on mixed highway/city driving 50/50. Was able to get 8.5L/100km driving all highway on a road trip. Fix the fan automatically on glitch. Fix hesitation on accelerator pedal. Haven't had it long enough to test reliability, if anything else comes up I will add to comments.

piece of junk
By geologist26

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the sante fe is one big piece of junk. I purchased it new GLS V6 AWD and have had several minor issues with it. The biggest being the AWD DOES NOT WORK! it has a ton of cheap parts inside and out and is just a bunch of junk overall. Me and my parents have owned mercedes, chevys, cadillacs, and fords and this vehicle is one of the worst! HYUNDAI DOES NOT TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR VEHICLES, no matter how good they might look.

comfortable seats in GLS.

build quality sucks! awd does not seem to work at all.

Our Santa fe is three months old we trade a 2006 Toyota Highlander
By 47model

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We
do not like the ride it hits very hard . to me there is simething wrong with the supension. Is this
normal , Do anyone
feel the same way I would love to hear from you