2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
My second Santa Fe
By jezirabid on 01/26/15 06:01 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My first Santa Fe was a 2011 GLS, which someone hit while hubby was driving. Santa Fe was totaled, but the husband lived to tell the story. It rolled to one side, skidding a hundred feet before crashing into a median cement block directly in front of the police department. It did its job well for a direct high speed hit to the side. Which is why I bought ... My second Santa Fe, a 2012 - well worth its weight in gold, and came with a couple new features the '11 did not have. I searched long and hard and compared economy SUVs, and for the price and warranty, you can't beat this vehicle. Even used, Hyundai happily replaced a faulty door panel without hesitation. Excellent Customer serv

junk
By gradstudent28 on 11/04/14 11:05 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

as an engineer I can reassure you this vehicle is junk. flimsy build materials inside and out. thin plastic on the inside, thin metal pieces, and doors. 40k miles the vehicle has more rattles then my dead grandma, and the shocks seem to be worn out!! I would NOT reccomend this vehicle.

Very satisfied with this SUV
By vlasi on 08/20/14 07:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this suv new over two years ago. We absolutely love it. We have not had a single problem with it. Other than the seats being a little hard for me I can't think of a single thing I would like to change. Smooth riding, good acceleration and very good gas mileage.

Bought used, driven for 4 months/5000km
By splatapus on 08/16/14 13:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought used, I have driven it for 4 months and 5000km now. Ride is a little rough, you can feel and hear some little bumps in the road. The fan and AC system sometimes has a mind of its own. It will turn on by itself after I turn it off. Although I'm starting to figure out how to get around it by adjusting the fan speed then hit OFF. Driving on highway to merge and stepping on accelerator, sometimes there will be a dead spot on how far you push the accelerator. The car will hesitate or not accelerate as fast as you want to for 2 seconds, then accelerate normally. It is roomy and comfortable inside. The center armrest between driver and passenger sometimes creaks. Overall not a bad car.

piece of junk
By geologist26 on 10/03/12 18:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the sante fe is one big piece of junk. I purchased it new GLS V6 AWD and have had several minor issues with it. The biggest being the AWD DOES NOT WORK! it has a ton of cheap parts inside and out and is just a bunch of junk overall. Me and my parents have owned mercedes, chevys, cadillacs, and fords and this vehicle is one of the worst! HYUNDAI DOES NOT TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR VEHICLES, no matter how good they might look.

Our Santa fe is three months old we trade a 2006 Toyota Highlander
By 47model on 10/02/12 06:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We do not like the ride it hits very hard . to me there is simething wrong with the supension. Is this normal , Do anyone feel the same way I would love to hear from you

New 2012 Santa Fe
By 2012nomore on 09/25/12 11:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car new & do not like it. Seems to hesitate while accellerating. At a stop light,stop sign, or going slow when you press the accelerater the car hesitates and takes a second to finally go. Cannot make any fast decisions. Tried to go into traffice from a stop sign quickly,car hesitated & I almost go into a accident. Makes you drive completely different from the way you normally drive. Does not happen every time,but 2-3 times a day. Took car back to the dealer,they test drove,pulled the computer results,said all looks fine. Was told the computer controls the accelerator & it takes a while for the accelerator to go to the computer then back to the accelerator.Trying to unload it

Great Car
By mbowles on 09/16/12 05:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this 3.5 Santa fe about 3 months.Love the power the engine has. We owned a 2011 2.4 liter santa fe before and hated the engine.Had no power at all. Make shure you get the 3.5 engine . Its like a whole diferent carr. We love it.

average SUV for the money
By geologist26 on 06/18/12 14:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2012 sante fe GLS AWD V6. the vehicle is just average on everything. it does nothing really "great." hyundai needs to try a little harder on build quality, exterior and interior design. doors and suspension feel tinny. engine is just ok. its not fun to drive BUT, for the money it is a decent small suv.

Great car for the money
By em_libra62 on 06/16/12 10:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for three months. So far, it has been great. Fun to drive, easy to handle. I have the V6, felt the 4 was short on power during the test drive. Avg 22mpg in the city, around 30 on the hwy. One of the features of this car which they don't push is its short turn radius. I can whip it around like a compact and have gotten some parking places that amaze my riders.