2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
piece of junk
By geologist26 on 10/03/12 18:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the sante fe is one big piece of junk. I purchased it new GLS V6 AWD and have had several minor issues with it. The biggest being the AWD DOES NOT WORK! it has a ton of cheap parts inside and out and is just a bunch of junk overall. Me and my parents have owned mercedes, chevys, cadillacs, and fords and this vehicle is one of the worst! HYUNDAI DOES NOT TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR VEHICLES, no matter how good they might look.

Our Santa fe is three months old we trade a 2006 Toyota Highlander
By 47model on 10/02/12 06:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We do not like the ride it hits very hard . to me there is simething wrong with the supension. Is this normal , Do anyone feel the same way I would love to hear from you

New 2012 Santa Fe
By 2012nomore on 09/25/12 11:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car new & do not like it. Seems to hesitate while accellerating. At a stop light,stop sign, or going slow when you press the accelerater the car hesitates and takes a second to finally go. Cannot make any fast decisions. Tried to go into traffice from a stop sign quickly,car hesitated & I almost go into a accident. Makes you drive completely different from the way you normally drive. Does not happen every time,but 2-3 times a day. Took car back to the dealer,they test drove,pulled the computer results,said all looks fine. Was told the computer controls the accelerator & it takes a while for the accelerator to go to the computer then back to the accelerator.Trying to unload it

Great Car
By mbowles on 09/16/12 05:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this 3.5 Santa fe about 3 months.Love the power the engine has. We owned a 2011 2.4 liter santa fe before and hated the engine.Had no power at all. Make shure you get the 3.5 engine . Its like a whole diferent carr. We love it.

average SUV for the money
By geologist26 on 06/18/12 14:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2012 sante fe GLS AWD V6. the vehicle is just average on everything. it does nothing really "great." hyundai needs to try a little harder on build quality, exterior and interior design. doors and suspension feel tinny. engine is just ok. its not fun to drive BUT, for the money it is a decent small suv.

Great car for the money
By em_libra62 on 06/16/12 10:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for three months. So far, it has been great. Fun to drive, easy to handle. I have the V6, felt the 4 was short on power during the test drive. Avg 22mpg in the city, around 30 on the hwy. One of the features of this car which they don't push is its short turn radius. I can whip it around like a compact and have gotten some parking places that amaze my riders.

Best Car for the Money!
By scot58 on 03/14/12 12:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a Santa Fe Limited AWD in Black Forest Green with the beige leather interior. It looks and runs like a dream. I considered the Toyota Highlander Limited and the Murano SL with leather, but those cars cost several thousand dollars more, get worse gas mileage, and the Santa Fe is their equal, if not better, in every way-- looks, ride, handling, etc. With the V6 it has excellent acceleration, and the electronics-- Bluetooth, satellite radio, HomeLink, etc. all work flawlessly. I have been waiting for something to rattle, break or go wrong, but the car is absolutely solid. I am very pleased with my purchase, and strongly recommend the Santa Fe.

The Santa Fe SE is a nice vehicle
By coldrink on 03/06/12 18:00 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SE for about six months. So far, I am very pleased with it. It is comfotable and fun to drive. It has the 3.5L 6 cylinder engine and it runs good. It is swift. It has lots of pep and that is important to me. On the one short road trip it has been on, it got about 24 mpg. In town it gets between 18 and 20 mpg. It is a very nice vehicle. I would recommend the Santa Fe it to anyone, but I would want the 3.5L engine.

"CUTE" SUV
By sweetpe on 02/17/12 07:44 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Santa Fe is a "cute" SUV, especially in Red, but it's not very comfortable when it comes to seating. The front seats are hard, the seat itself is too short and the power seat is very hard to adjust to a comfortable position. Actually the passenger seat is more comfortable than the driver's seat. The ride is way too stiff. When the back seat is flipped in the down position it does not lay flat making it hard to haul flat items or even packages. They keep sliding toward the back of the vehicle.

Gas Mileage
By ccr717 on 11/23/11 09:34 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2012 Santa Fe two weeks ago. This is my fourth Santa Fe but this time I bought a 4 cylinder instead of a 6 thinking it would save a little more on gas mileage. Love everything about the vehicle but the gas mileage. I'm getting less with this one than my previous 2008 Santa Fe. I was told I would get a couple more miles per gallon but didn't expect to get less. It didn't benefit me like I thought it would to get the 4 cylinder. Wouldn't recommend a 4 cylinder over a 6 to anyone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*