santa FE AWD SE 2011
By rp on
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Have been reading Edmunds for years. So, time to give back. Just bought 2011 Santa FE AWD SE (first new car for me : ) I am coming from an old Accord 4 cyl. - Exterior looks are great. Interior is alright. Drive is not nimble (this is not BMW), but i expected it to be tighter on suspension (it's too bouncy for me). - Acceleration is responsive. - Overall features for given price is nice (bluetooth, v6, awd, auto dim mirrors, heated seats, roof rack + cross rails, steptronic transmission, warranty, fog lights, driver power seats) - I only have driven 80 miles so far. I will write back again in 500 miles. - Mpg - 22 combined
Favorite Features
- Nice non-timid looks. - 18" wheels look very nice (but give bouncy ride? )
Suggested Improvements
- does not tell you actual MPG (it only averages) - iPod connectivity was not consistent - Driving is too bouncy on uneven roads - Dome lights don't turn ON when doors are opened (may be something wrong with my suv)
By rppauto
on 12/13/10 18:17 PM (PST)

Ok. i drove 800+ miles on this vehicle. The "average mpg" display really sucks because it averages from the last reset to till date and this means, it could show you from 15mpg to 23mpg. In my case, i drove 500 miles on a weekend and it never crossed 23mpg. So, i finally i reset it and it now shows me 26-27mpg (highway) but only <65mph. If i cross 70mph+, then mpg goes down to 25mpg. So, it does not look like mpg is outstanding, but just about OK.