2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Not a fan of it
By henryh_ on 02/02/11 16:24 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove one of these as a rental car for 3 weeks while my Volkswagen GTI was being repaired from an accident. I should qualify my review by saying that I'm a small car guy and generally do not like SUVs. This is what was available for me to rent. There's wasn't anything remarkably bad about the Santa Fe. It just didn't impress me or have any features that stood out. I'm not sure why anyone would pick this over the Tucson, which is smaller, less expensive, and has better styling inside and out.

Nice car but..
By solarfried on 01/14/11 14:55 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove the car for 3 weeks. Noisy you hear every bump on the road and feel most of them. The 4 cylinder cannot decide which gear to accelerate in. When you press accelerator a bit (not floor it) or floor it it it takes a second or two to decide to go. The handling at speed is a bit less than precise and the car can be all over the lane if it's windy. Had the previous model with a v6 and it was much better. If you want one, I higly recommend, take in on the xpressway with radio off and listen to the noise. No two Santa Fe's ride the same. You might find one that is actually quiet. This one was one noisy car. The tire noise was obtrusive. The road noise got transmitted into the vehi

Santa Fe
By bmn on 01/14/11 09:52 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my car May'10. Currently has 10,000 miles on it. There is much to like about the Santa Fe. It handles well in the snow and even with record snow fall I have not had any problems getting around. Other things I like - great acceleration,easy to manuveur in tight spots like parking ramps. Things that are disappointig - interior is nicely styled but scratches easily, carpeting is cheap, bigget disappointment is gas mileage. Should be getting an average of 22 mpg (according to Hyundai web site) but I am getting 14-15 mpg average. Brought to dealer they checked it out and said it is running as it should so this is what my mileage will be.

Wanna know about the new 2011 Santa Fe??
By misterbill2 on 12/21/10 19:56 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got the vehicle on Thanksgiving. Had a 2005 CRV, traded it in. The Santa Fe SE is a better SUV. I have been an industrial mechanic and Honda owner for 35 years. Hyundai won me over. I got the SE 3.5 version. As hard as I could try the only thing I didn't like was the harsher ride than the Honda, but more quiet inside. It feels a little more sporty, on smooth roads, but all in all I don't think you can go wrong. This car is well built, and designed, the engine had plenty of power if you put the pedal to the metal (its too new to do it too often) it is truly a little pocket rocket, pulls some G's! Considering the warranties and Consumers Reports rating its better than Toyota or Honda overall!

Pretty Good
By mikeeha on 12/21/10 08:33 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was comparing the Santa Fe and the Equinox. They are the largets SUV's at the price point. So far I've owned it for over a month and have about 1200 miles driven. When I was test driving the vehicle I noticed how smooth the ride was. The newly paved roads probably had a lot to do with it. I now notice how poorly it handles bumps and pot holes. You really can feel everything. The handling is a bit clunky. The fuel economy is a lot less than I thought it would perform. The model I purchased was said to be 21/26. The city mileage is nowhere near the estimated. I live in the city of Chicago and get roughly 15mpg in city, while I do get around 23mpg highway.

Great performance SUV for a low buck
By KSS on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It took one test drive in the Santa Fe SE to seal the deal for me. I am 6'4" and this car has enough room for five of me. It drives and handles like a truck; if you're into sharp handling this may not be for you. It handles bumps and rough terrain really well, and is loaded with power options, bluetooth, and other neat accessories. On my model there is a beautiful wood trim lining that accents the interior, and the paint is sharp and glossy. On the freeway, the shifting is smooth, the kick down with the V6 gets you to a quick 80-90 mph boost in no time, and braking is a breeze.

santa FE AWD SE 2011
By rp on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been reading Edmunds for years. So, time to give back. Just bought 2011 Santa FE AWD SE (first new car for me : ) I am coming from an old Accord 4 cyl. - Exterior looks are great. Interior is alright. Drive is not nimble (this is not BMW), but i expected it to be tighter on suspension (it's too bouncy for me). - Acceleration is responsive. - Overall features for given price is nice (bluetooth, v6, awd, auto dim mirrors, heated seats, roof rack + cross rails, steptronic transmission, warranty, fog lights, driver power seats) - I only have driven 80 miles so far. I will write back again in 500 miles. - Mpg - 22 combined

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in NJ is:

$216 per month*