Used 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Ok so far...
By midwestrn

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded an 08 Nissan Rogue with a myriad of problems for the 11 Santa Fe. So far, it's been ok. We went for the V6 SE FWD because that is all that was on the lot at the time. Would have preferred the AWD as we live in midwest with unpredictable winter weather, but hoping for the best. Gas mileage has been the best thing so far. I drive 90m round trip daily in combined city/hwy. We are getting 23mpg combined average. Better than the Rogue. It drives ok. Nothing to rave about, but not terrible either. The drivers seat is a little uncomfortable. It is power adjustable, but neither my husband or I can get comfortable in it yet. Hoping it's just from being new and will soften a bit.

Favorite Features

Interior color. Chocolate brown faux suede/leather seats. Beautiful. However, plastic surfaces scratch easily. Passenger and rear seat very comfy. We have 2 teenagers and drive a LOT, so that was important. iPod connector and center console space is nice. The iPod connection is not working, but I think the dealership will fix without problem. (Went for the MPP warranty.) Warranty is really what tipped the scale for Hyundai for us. It is a nice looking vehicle with ok features. It feels bigger than the other SUV's in it's class. Drove CRV, Rav4, Terrain, Escape, Mazda, Subaru... for the money, Santa Fe was a great choice for us.

Suggested Improvements

Offer moonroof on SE model. Change the plastic surfaces to something that doesn't scratch so easily. An automatic tailgate button would be great. It's a little heavy especially when your hands are full. Offer a name brand audio system upgrade. The standard sound system is actually pretty good, but had Bose before and would like to have that as an option. Offer the third row jump seat again. I don't think this is offered even on the Limited any longer. Big loss there.

Much better value than X-3 at 52K
By bobnoxious1

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Limited with every option, navigation, tow package great stereo etc.. Tested SUV's from every maker from Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Subaru etc.. and compared all makers with the features they offered compared to the final price they charged. I found the Hyundai Limited offered the same options as BMW X-3 and the mercedes. One difference was the Hyundai had more power, more legroom and was $23K less out the door than the other two for the same options. But some people just have to have that name on the front. The stereo was fantastic and we ended up subscribing to XM satalite too. The I-pod hook up and phone sync were better than beemers too.

Favorite Features

The navigation system in this car is SOOOO good. It is easy to hook up, every feature can be adjusted. The programming is almost self-explatory. It gives you live traffic updates and reroutes you around accidents and construction. You can change the voice to John Wayne if you want to. With the navigation comes the rear camera for backing up and wow what a feature when small kids are around. Hyundai really thought about this SUV when they made it.

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of anything else that needs improving. It's a SUV and it's not a luxery car. It has the best warranty on the road, what else can you ask for?

Ride quality NOT good, all else very good
By greggtex

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in '08 Sonata. Hyundai quality and warranty is great. Ride quality on our Santa Fe is awful. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't buy the Santa Fe until Hyundai gets the ride better. I know it's an SUV, but ride should still be better. Plenty of power from V-6. Mileage is ok at best. We are averaging about 21.5 in mixed driving. About to take long highway trip, so intersted to see how the mpg is on highway.

Favorite Features

Great room, seats, controls are top notch. One squeak in seat we will have looked at later. Great sound system/bluetooth. A/C works like a champ here in very hot Texas. We've seen 107 or so many days already and A/C has been great.

Suggested Improvements

RIDE quality!!!

NOT IMPRESSED with my Santa Fe
By taryn23

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pretty disappointed with the Santa Fe I bought, I am 21 and I bought myself a brand new vehicle and what do you know less then 4000km on it the sun roof breaks. I live 4hours away from the nearest Hyundai dealership!! They told me I was not allowed to get it fixed by any local mechanics so I had to spend literally hundreds of dollars on this piece of crap vehicle travelling almost every other week to try and get it fixed all this money is coming out of MY pocket. At about 120km/hr it starts to vibrate like crazy on the highway. Never again will I buy a Hyundai. I'll stick with Toyota from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

NOTHING! I hate my vehicle with a passion! Every week I find something wrong with it!

Suggested Improvements

700 characters isn't enough room for me to suggest where this vehicle and company could use improvements >:(

Great buy !
By murph20

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was a great buy for the money.Lots of extras included in the base price and other options available at reasonable markup. With the V6 putting out 276 hp it has excellent acceleration and handles reasonably well. More than ample cargo space , attractive interior[love the blue lights] and one of the worlds best warranties makes this a great choice of a mid size SUV. Oh did I mention the price ??? But to be fair I have mention that it does not have the smoothest ride. All in all I have to say that I love this Vehicle for the price.

Favorite Features

Better styling than the older Santa FE Acceleration Blue tooth included Warranty

Suggested Improvements

Quell road noise Smoother ride