2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Ok so far...
By midwestrn on 09/09/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded an 08 Nissan Rogue with a myriad of problems for the 11 Santa Fe. So far, it's been ok. We went for the V6 SE FWD because that is all that was on the lot at the time. Would have preferred the AWD as we live in midwest with unpredictable winter weather, but hoping for the best. Gas mileage has been the best thing so far. I drive 90m round trip daily in combined city/hwy. We are getting 23mpg combined average. Better than the Rogue. It drives ok. Nothing to rave about, but not terrible either. The drivers seat is a little uncomfortable. It is power adjustable, but neither my husband or I can get comfortable in it yet. Hoping it's just from being new and will soften a bit.

Much better value than X-3 at 52K
By bobnoxious1 on 08/19/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Limited with every option, navigation, tow package great stereo etc.. Tested SUV's from every maker from Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Subaru etc.. and compared all makers with the features they offered compared to the final price they charged. I found the Hyundai Limited offered the same options as BMW X-3 and the mercedes. One difference was the Hyundai had more power, more legroom and was $23K less out the door than the other two for the same options. But some people just have to have that name on the front. The stereo was fantastic and we ended up subscribing to XM satalite too. The I-pod hook up and phone sync were better than beemers too.

Ride quality NOT good, all else very good
By greggtex on 07/10/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in '08 Sonata. Hyundai quality and warranty is great. Ride quality on our Santa Fe is awful. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't buy the Santa Fe until Hyundai gets the ride better. I know it's an SUV, but ride should still be better. Plenty of power from V-6. Mileage is ok at best. We are averaging about 21.5 in mixed driving. About to take long highway trip, so intersted to see how the mpg is on highway.

NOT IMPRESSED with my Santa Fe
By taryn23 on 06/23/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pretty disappointed with the Santa Fe I bought, I am 21 and I bought myself a brand new vehicle and what do you know less then 4000km on it the sun roof breaks. I live 4hours away from the nearest Hyundai dealership!! They told me I was not allowed to get it fixed by any local mechanics so I had to spend literally hundreds of dollars on this piece of crap vehicle travelling almost every other week to try and get it fixed all this money is coming out of MY pocket. At about 120km/hr it starts to vibrate like crazy on the highway. Never again will I buy a Hyundai. I'll stick with Toyota from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great buy !
By murph20 on 05/07/11 17:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was a great buy for the money.Lots of extras included in the base price and other options available at reasonable markup. With the V6 putting out 276 hp it has excellent acceleration and handles reasonably well. More than ample cargo space , attractive interior[love the blue lights] and one of the worlds best warranties makes this a great choice of a mid size SUV. Oh did I mention the price ??? But to be fair I have mention that it does not have the smoothest ride. All in all I have to say that I love this Vehicle for the price.

From like to LOVE in a month :)
By kandeemann2001 on 04/19/11 13:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely LOVE this SUV! Got a black Limited w/black leather. Traded up from an 06' GLS and couldn't be happier. Cannot understand for the life of me why people are comparing this to the cheap-looking Rav4 and CR-V. Parked next to a black 11' Highlander Limited yesterday and got LOTS of looks and attention! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the black leather and the new woodgrain trim is absolutely stunning. The cabin is plush and luxurious. Navigation works great and 12-speaker sound system is PHENOMENAL. The new V6 will plant you into your seatback if you push it, but we've got light feet :) Very roomy, lots of storage, and perfect size...not too big and not too small. It's perfect :)

Great CUV, great value
By sir_timbit on 04/07/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were cross-shopping a Santa Fe against a Toyota Rav-4. Just bought a Santa Fe base model, FWD, V6. Considering the price and standard features, plus longer warranty, the Santa Fe has so much more going for it. The base model we have has a V6 with plenty of grunt, yet reasonable fuel economy, standard Bluetooth, heated seats (we're in Canada), USB iPod hookup and a good stereo to match. Huge amount of storage in the back, nice hidden storage underneath too. Lots of standard features. The rear hatch swings up instead of to the side like on the Rav. Excellent visibility all around, unlike a lot of competitors with their tiny windows. No wonder they push rear view cameras!

Love this SUV
By mikea11414 on 02/07/11 10:13 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While I agree the car is a little noisy over bad roads everything else so far is great. It's alot of fun to drive. Has the get up and go when you hit the gas, even better than my previous 09 murano. Great view of the road too which my wife loves.

Lousy Bumper cover
By freddiew on 02/06/11 16:52 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own this Santa Fe since last week of 2010. Driving is not too bad at all but last week while I drive in my parking space with almost no speed, the bumper cover fell off. I push most of the bumper cover back except the driver side corner. Body shop at dealer said must get another bumper at cost of $1078. Called Hyundai and they said drive in snow is not cover by warranty. Most bumper must meet 5mph requirement thus means this is a "TOFU" comparable bumper. Even I have the money to replace same thing will happen again if is getting near any snow or things. Disappointing................! Mistake to buy one!

I really like the car.
By mikea11414 on 02/06/11 06:51 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I only have 300 miles on it but love the looks and driving view. The ride is nice but it is noisy over rough roads and you do feel the tight suspension. I had a 09 murano and the ride was softer. Very easy to work the nav and other functions blue light is nice. Put your foot on the gas and you go zoom. My wife loves the view over the hood when she drives it. Except for the noise everything seems great so far. I actually like the firmer ride as I feel more in control. Wind noise was terrible in the murano but is much better in the SF. So far we really like this car andr . If you can spring for the extra few bucks go for the limited it has some nice added touches.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*