2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
Loving it...
By abaldtexan on 07/26/12 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my Santa Fe! It is just the right car for me... size, performance... value... All the things that matter.

bad value
By dalaska on 07/22/12 01:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own two 2011 santa fe's and four 2005 santa fe's..the maintenance costs for the 2011's are triple the 2005's for the first 35, 000 miles. I wish I had not purchased the 2011"s. I am really disspapointed after owning the 05"s. they went downhill...I have gone thru 4 front hub bearings, 3 lower ball joints, 2 tierod ends, 4 sway bar links, 3 power steering pumps in the 2011"s and it is still not over.

cost to own
By ksig on 06/14/12 13:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The good news is that this is a great road car and does a nice job in snowy weather. On mixed town and highway i'm getting 23.5 mpg. Now for the bad news, with just a little over $26,000 miles I'm looking at a total maintenance cost of just over $1,300. this is well over the Edmunds figure. the 15k service was $282. the 30k will be $550. I'm also expected to have serivce to the rear differential and transfer cases @$120 each. Finally, there is some filter that needs to be replaced at 30k that will cost $250.

My Last Hyundai
By fernellav on 01/15/12 05:47 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 on 01/15/2011 started experiencing transmission prob late 2011, Jan 2012 vehicle no longer wants to go into park or reverse need to turn off and turn on. only driver and 8000 miles. Customer service is non-existent everyone bouncing me around cannot provide me with a loaner to get around my sales rep tells me he is no mechanic the dealer where bought sends me to another dealer really? I traded it and got me an escape trust this works better at least I know their customer service is way better having had a ford before

I really like my Santa Fe
By maine_cpa on 12/29/11 08:24 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the "bait and switch" car from the newspaper ad, so I think I got a very good price. It's stripped down, 4 cylinder, front wheel drive, but has the bluetooth, ipod connector, hands-free phone, and radio controls on the steering wheel. today, it's 1 year old, 10,000 miles. Mileage is about 22 in the city but rises to 26+ on the highway if I keep to 65 and use the "manual" feature of the automatic transmission to force it to stay in 6th gear. I also drive conservatively in general. It will get up and go if you ask it to, but mpg's will suffer.

Poor gas mileage
By geobcon on 12/23/11 10:29 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The MPG, when having first purchased the Hyundai Santa Fe, was upwards of 25.5 on trips and around 22 to 23 in the city driving. This was the prime reason I got rid of my Dodge Dakota which was giving me 16MPG/18MPG city/highway respectively. My total driven miles since the lease of my Santa Fe are 3800 +/- as of 12/12/11. About a week ago, 12/05/11, the MPG had decreased to 19.0 MPG on trips and very little change in city driving. I filled the tank and noted that the MPG reading went back up to 24.0 MPG for a few miles then dropped back to 19.0 MPG whether I was on the road at a constant 60 MPH or driving in the city at 30 MPH . Checking the actual miles driven since the last fill-up (on 12/12/11) with the gallons of gas consumed, i.e. Miles/Gallons used, the MPG calculated to 18.0 MPG. Why?? The odometer resets the MPG after fill up. I’m up to 19.8MPG having driven 3 miles from the gas station and will continue to monitor the MPG to see if it reaches the expected MPG (the reason I purchased a Hyundai) I brought the car to the dealership (where leased on 09/12/11) to have the problem checked and they weren’t able to find any problem other than the tire pressure was down by 3 psi. Our temp had fallen to below freezing that day but even so, when the problem first occurred, the temp was in the 60’s. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and if so, is there a solution?

Best Value For the Cost
By spbinmb on 12/17/11 10:27 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a new Santa Fe late in September paying 31.5k all in no financing. The owner of the dealership is also the manager, and offered to trade it in at the same value in two years. We've put about 2500 km on, about half winter driving with icy roads - the traction control and AWD is excellent. The defrost takes about 5 minutes to clear the windshield, same for rear and mirrors. Heated seats take less, and are wonderful when coming out of -30c. Road noise is minimal, visibility is good. No mechanical issues to date - when we took possession of the vehicle the turn signal was a little sticky; it didn't pop back into position automatically. After a week of use that cleared up

very unhappy with dealer and hyundai customer service
By drobbins on 11/21/11 11:27 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lets just get right to it. A terriable metal noise in the back door.Dealer claims this is normal .to me and everyone else sounds like a pop weld somewhere between panels. how about a terriable squeaking noise in my driver seat sounds like a broken bed spring. Dealer claims this is normal. And how about a loud humming noise from the stereo system. Again dealer said this is normal. And how about help from Hyundai customer service. NO WAY DEALER CLAIMS CAR UP TO SPEC'S WE VALUE WHAT ARE DEALER TELLS US??. What a shame i only have 2300 miles it could of been a good value for the money. I guess I will look and trade my car in. my loss and my gain into a quantiy car this time like Honda.

Great vehicle
By captk321 on 10/17/11 15:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nearing 3,000 miles and am still impressed with the Santa Fe. The V6 performs well. Mileage has been averaging 22 around town. Nice leather with the Limited pkg. Infinity sound system sounds good but nothing special. No road trip yet but am looking forward to one soon.

Solid CUV, excellent value
By captathlon on 09/15/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've waited to write a review on our Limited FWD until we've had it for a couple months in order to get over the "I love this vehicle" feeling that we all have when we get a new car. We now have almost 3,000 miles on ours, and we don't necessarily love this vehicle, but we really like it a lot. We're very pleased with the power and fuel mileage, impressed with the design and build quality, and pretty satisfied with the features. There is some suspension noise and the ride can be a bit jarring when going over large bumps or potholes, but overall it has a nice ride. If I had the chance to do it over again, would I still buy a Santa Fe? Absolutely.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*