Used 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

I love my Santa Fe!
By Arretta Johnson

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ONLY reason I need to sell is because my family has outgrown it and I now need a vehicle with at least 6 seats! I've owned one other SUV/crossover and this vehicle's gas mileage is really nice and I'm certainly going to miss it! It has an exceptionally large trunk for its class and has NEVER BEEN WRECKED!!!! I bought this car from my father in October, making me the second owner. The vehicle's value when I paid for my tags (October 2015) was $15,000. I've only put about 25,000 miles on it; my family of 5 has now made a trip to South Carolina for Christmas to see my family and a trip to Florida for summer vacation at the family condo to see more family, and it's been great! For this second trip, I purchased the cross-bars to complete the roof rack accessory, and the dealership installed those for me. I have kept strict reigns on regulatory maintenance, and just replaced the battery last week; it comes with a 5 year warranty.

Hyundai not trustworthy about mpg
By Belinda

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The MPG was NEVER what was advertised no matter how careful I drove. Also, I kept track of every tank and the built in computer system was rigged, showing exactly 1 mpg over what I was truly getting. This sounds petty to complain about but I see the Elantra is mis-advertised as well but was advertised to get 10 or more mpg verses what customers actually got. Also, HATED the wiper control placement. Frequently when changing the radio station, I'd accidently brush against my wiper switch causing wiper fluid to splash all over my newly waxed vehicle. Noise level started out minimal but within months the wind factor when highway driving was LOUD so I can only believe the window and door seals were deteriorating. On the other hand, this vehicle was very comfortable, rode smooth and I loved the storage in the back by the spare tire. The storage area had sections so things could be divided. Loved that part of it. I also slept in the back seat during a camping trip. Back seats reclined....very comfortable.

Loving it...
By abaldtexan

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my Santa Fe! It is just the right car for me... size, performance... value... All the things that matter.

I love the Bluetooth sync with my phone! I have hearing loss and being able to use the sync means I can actually carry on a phone conversation in my car! I don't have to try to dig the thing out of my pocket to answer a call! I love the carpet protector in the way-back! I throw messy things back there from time to time and now I don't have to worry about it. I love the little storage area below the way-back!

Driving on my hilly road at night is quite strange! The headlights are cut off at the top, so going down a hill means you CANNOT SEE UP THE NEXT SLOPE! I cannot know if there is a deer there, or a broken down ATV or fallen branch until the car is actually pointing up again... It is very disconcerting! Try driving a back country HILLY road at night and you will see what I mean! This is a safety issue. I know it means that oncoming traffic isn't distracted by your headlights, but it's not the oncoming traffic that I'm worried about running into!

bad value
By dalaska

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own two 2011 santa fe's and four 2005 santa fe's..the maintenance costs for the 2011's are triple the 2005's for the first 35, 000 miles. I wish I had not purchased the 2011"s. I am really disspapointed after owning the 05"s. they went downhill...I have gone thru 4 front hub bearings, 3 lower ball joints, 2 tierod ends, 4 sway bar links, 3 power steering pumps in the 2011"s and it is still not over.

comfortable to drive..

improve wheel bearings, lower ball joints, CV axels, tie rod ends, rear swaybar stablizers, and power steering system.

cost to own
By ksig

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The good news is that this is a great road car and does a nice job in snowy weather.
On mixed town and highway i'm getting 23.5 mpg.
Now for the bad news, with just a little over $26,000 miles I'm looking at a total maintenance cost of just over $1,300.
this is well over the Edmunds figure.
the 15k service was $282.
the 30k will be $550.
I'm also expected to have serivce to the rear differential and transfer cases @$120 each. Finally, there is some filter that needs to be replaced at 30k that will cost $250.

mileage is pretty good for a car this size.