Used 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Hyundai not trustworthy about mpg
By Belinda

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The MPG was NEVER what was advertised no matter how careful I drove. Also, I kept track of every tank and the built in computer system was rigged, showing exactly 1 mpg over what I was truly getting. This sounds petty to complain about but I see the Elantra is mis-advertised as well but was advertised to get 10 or more mpg verses what customers actually got. Also, HATED the wiper control placement. Frequently when changing the radio station, I'd accidently brush against my wiper switch causing wiper fluid to splash all over my newly waxed vehicle. Noise level started out minimal but within months the wind factor when highway driving was LOUD so I can only believe the window and door seals were deteriorating. On the other hand, this vehicle was very comfortable, rode smooth and I loved the storage in the back by the spare tire. The storage area had sections so things could be divided. Loved that part of it. I also slept in the back seat during a camping trip. Back seats reclined....very comfortable.

Loving it...
By abaldtexan

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my Santa Fe! It is just the right car for me... size, performance... value... All the things that matter.

I love the Bluetooth sync with my phone! I have hearing loss and being able to use the sync means I can actually carry on a phone conversation in my car! I don't have to try to dig the thing out of my pocket to answer a call! I love the carpet protector in the way-back! I throw messy things back there from time to time and now I don't have to worry about it. I love the little storage area below the way-back!

Driving on my hilly road at night is quite strange! The headlights are cut off at the top, so going down a hill means you CANNOT SEE UP THE NEXT SLOPE! I cannot know if there is a deer there, or a broken down ATV or fallen branch until the car is actually pointing up again... It is very disconcerting! Try driving a back country HILLY road at night and you will see what I mean! This is a safety issue. I know it means that oncoming traffic isn't distracted by your headlights, but it's not the oncoming traffic that I'm worried about running into!

bad value
By dalaska

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own two 2011 santa fe's and four 2005 santa fe's..the maintenance costs for the 2011's are triple the 2005's for the first 35, 000 miles. I wish I had not purchased the 2011"s. I am really disspapointed after owning the 05"s. they went downhill...I have gone thru 4 front hub bearings, 3 lower ball joints, 2 tierod ends, 4 sway bar links, 3 power steering pumps in the 2011"s and it is still not over.

comfortable to drive..

improve wheel bearings, lower ball joints, CV axels, tie rod ends, rear swaybar stablizers, and power steering system.

cost to own
By ksig

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The good news is that this is a great road car and does a nice job in snowy weather.
On mixed town and highway i'm getting 23.5 mpg.
Now for the bad news, with just a little over $26,000 miles I'm looking at a total maintenance cost of just over $1,300.
this is well over the Edmunds figure.
the 15k service was $282.
the 30k will be $550.
I'm also expected to have serivce to the rear differential and transfer cases @$120 each. Finally, there is some filter that needs to be replaced at 30k that will cost $250.

mileage is pretty good for a car this size.

My Last Hyundai
By fernellav

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 on 01/15/2011 started experiencing transmission prob late 2011, Jan 2012 vehicle no longer wants to go into park or reverse need to turn off and turn on. only driver and 8000 miles. Customer service is non-existent everyone bouncing me around cannot provide me with a loaner to get around my sales rep tells me he is no mechanic the dealer where bought sends me to another dealer really? I traded it and got me an escape trust this works better at least I know their customer service is way better having had a ford before

Improve your transmissions this is the second Hyundai have had with this problem as I had an Accent before